BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just purchased an 00 m5 and in the process of tracking down it's history.
so far what i got was that it was purchased new in Brooklyn @ Quality Life BMW and had most of it's service done there.
the steve the service manager has been very diplomatic and only could give me the last Insp II it had.
BMWNA could not provide any service records

the previous owner was Paul Icco (sp?) of brooklyn

can anyone help me track down the history on my new beast? both service and warranty history would be gratly appreciated

last 7 of the VIN is BZ95742

thanks in advance...Jose

·
10,445 Posts
m5jmh said:
just purchased an 00 m5 and in the process of tracking down it's history.
so far what i got was that it was purchased new in Brooklyn @ Quality Life BMW and had most of it's service done there.
the steve the service manager has been very diplomatic and only could give me the last Insp II it had.
BMWNA could not provide any service records

the previous owner was Paul Icco (sp?) of brooklyn

can anyone help me track down the history on my new beast? both service and warranty history would be gratly appreciated

last 7 of the VIN is BZ95742

thanks in advance...Jose
Any dealer should be able to give you a printout of the service history by the vin. My dealer did it for me before I purchased my car. They will not give you the previous owners name, however. You may want to talk to another dealer or service advisor.
Mike

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
spoke to the servicing dealer and they did not want to give out any info besides the last insp it had...i was hoping that there would be an SA out there that could help me out:typing:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
found ou the previous owners name is "Iacono" from Brooklyn NY. tried doing reverse address/name ot get a phone # but wasn't successful...any ideas:crying:

·
Registered
489 Posts
m5jmh said:
found ou the previous owners name is "Iacono" from Brooklyn NY. tried doing reverse address/name ot get a phone # but wasn't successful...any ideas:crying:
What you need is a copy of the DCS. Many dealers won't give this out because it will have the owners address and personal info. If you currently own the car and have called BMW NA and they know, your name should be on the DCS. If you don't own it there really isn't any reason they couldn't give you a copy of the DCS and just mark off the personal info. The only problem is that all the service will be in codes. Unless you know what the BMW codes are for different services you will not understand anything except for the milage and the servicing dealer. If you have too much trouble getting a DCS PM me and I can probably pull one for you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info...i'll try the dealer, if he won't help me i'll drop you a line

1 - 6 of 6 Posts