BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, I just received my order for my brake job from Bavarian auto sport. I would like someone who has seen or knows about current bmw oem front brake rotors for our cars to clarify this. The rotors I got came in white boxes and are not stamped bmw anywhere like the ones currently on the car. Called bav auto and they claim they got the oem from bmw. The rotors I got are are engraved with the thickness and made in Germany. Can someone confirm that these are bmw oem? Attached pics, thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
431 Posts
that's how mine came from another supplier. Pretty sure BMW doesn't actually make the rotors. I believe they are manufactured by Zimmerman

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Is the part number stamped on the hat?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that's how mine came from another supplier. Pretty sure BMW doesn't actually make the rotors. I believe they are manufactured by Zimmerman
Yeah but zimmerman rotors are a lot cheaper than the oem, by the pics I have seen the finish is completely different from the ones I got.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Yeah but zimmerman rotors are a lot cheaper than the oem, by the pics I have seen the finish is completely different from the ones I got.
The finish you got looks just like the OEM rotors my indy shop purchased for me. Those boxes had BMW stamped all over them. I didn't look closely at any part numbers or anything on the rotors themselves though.

I think Gian (Gcal08) also ordered OEM rotors from bavauto and they are working fine for him.

I still have one of my old front rotors hanging on my wall in my garage. I can take a look at that for you. I just shipped my old rears off on Monday so I can't check on those for you, unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
O.E.M = original equipment manufacturer.
O.E.M doesn't = original bmw parts.

The factory bmw rotors I got from the dealer (getbmwparts.com) came in boxes that's got bmw logo all over it.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
O.E.M = original equipment manufacturer.
O.E.M doesn't = original bmw parts.

The factory bmw rotors I got from the dealer (getbmwparts.com) came in boxes that's got bmw logo all over it.
This is exactly my concern, bavauto is describing them as oem (dealer part) this is their statement on the web site

(Click for a larger image)
We realize some drivers will put nothing but original equipment (OE) parts on their BMWs. For those folks we offer these Genuine BMW brake rotors, identical to the ones you would get from a BMW dealer.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I just went into the garage to take a look at my rotors. Its got BMW engraved on the edge of the hub with all the other min. thickness info.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
The rotors aren't "from" BMW but from the same manufacture mine have the part numbers on them.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about it. If the Zimmerman was available when I did my brake job 3 years ago. I would of gotten them instead of the factory ones.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wouldn't worry too much about it. If the Zimmerman was available when I did my brake job 3 years ago. I would of gotten them instead of the factory ones.
Im not worried about the quality of the rotors i got, just that i paid 329 for each rotor for a bmw stamped rotor. Replacement front rotors go for under 300. Will give bavauto a call today hopefully they will make it right.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I currently have a front and rear set that are not on the car both of which came direct from the dealers in BMW marked boxes. If you want pictures let me know?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I currently have a front and rear set that are not on the car both of which came direct from the dealers in BMW marked boxes. If you want pictures let me know?
Please post pics of the front rotor boxes and the rotors that the part number is readable. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I bought those exact rotors from bavauto, I also got them to price match a local dealer's price.

34 11 2 282 805 BRAKE ROTOR - FRONT LEFT $295.73 1 $295.73
34 11 2 282 806 BRAKE ROTOR - FRONT RIGHT $295.73 1 $295.73

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Im not worried about the quality of the rotors i got, just that i paid 329 for each rotor for a bmw stamped rotor. Replacement front rotors go for under 300. Will give bavauto a call today hopefully they will make it right.
I understand what you are saying. If you were promised "BMW" branded rotors, you are entitled to just that and not anything else no matter if its "like" the same.

There are some pictures in this thread that should help you out.
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/parts-other-sale-wanted/381722-bnib-pulleys-bnib-rotors-bnib-diffuser-lip-cic-retorfit-kit.html

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I called bavauto today and the only option they game me was to return them for a refund. I'm deciding what to do, I need to do my brakes and don't want to keep waiting.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts