Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey M5Board members,

I have looked at this thread: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60-m5-e61-m5-touring-discussion/194115-reprogram-euro-smg-software-us-cars-faster-shifts-4k-launch-control-free.html which show's how to program the EURO SMG by yourself for free, but the links for the files are dead. I am not able to download the torrent file or find the "BMW Standard Tools" download link. If anyone knows how to do it (up to date) with all the links and steps required that would be amazing. So please help all of us out, if you guys know how to do it.

Thanks in advance!
Arman

·
Registered
224 Posts
yeah, i 2nd this request, would be great. I'm sure these files are out there someplace. Looked allover and I can't find them anywhere.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have found this programming to be extremely complex and hard. I made an appointment with EAS (European Auto Source) in Anahiem, CA this Friday at 2 PM so they can program it themselves so I don't do any mistakes by myself. I am a man of perfection, that is why I am going to pay $95 and get it done by EAS without any problems. I will let you guys know how it goes and express how the Euro SMG functions.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys!

I just got my reprogrammed Euro SMG and I just have to say one word "Amazing." The gears shift much faster, barely any lag, feels more like the E9X's DCT transmission very quick and instant when changing gears. Overall, it has improved my SMG a lot, it felt completely different from the US SMG. Also, it now lets me launch at 4,000 RPM (but I haven't tried it out, and I am not planning to). Defiantly worth the $95 I spent at EAS. Whoever is in the Los Angeles area, make sure to check them out they are absolutely the best.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.