BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am looking to buy an M5 and I came across this example on Craigslist: https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/5384087488.html. I have been doing research but I am just looking for some opinions from those that know more than me about the S62 and M5's, in general, in order to give me some ideas as to what I will be getting my self into. In essence, I am asking, in your estimation, is buying this car worth it or do you think that I would be buying a lemon?
Thanks.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Oh and **** you assholes on BMW New England Facebook for bashing the car. Ive spent over 2.5k in parts for the car since march. Sam you friend who sold it to me is a POS ******* who lied about the issues it had an even sold it to me without the key so I wouldn't be able to see it run. I have since replaced all timing parts and installed myself. I dont have the right tools to time it and dont have an interest in purchasing them for a single use. They want $150 for just the timing pins alone. You guys want to part it out then one of you ******* buy it and do it justice
:laugh

If you're comfortable with engine work and want a project, go for it. If you're not, but you've got a pile of cash sitting around, also go for it.

If no to both, keep looking

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
E39M5sterlinggrayguy
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing