BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys,

I have a set of KW V3 Coilovers coming for my E38 7 series. I am the only one I know of who will have them on a 7. This makes getting answers very difficult. I know many of you here have the KW V3 setup and rave about them. My question is will the KMAC Camber plates work on my new coilovers. I would rather do it all at once while the suspension is out of the car. Also I want my car to be as dialed in as possible regarding the suspension. Any words of wisdom? I know the same KMAC's work for both the M5 and 7 series. Would this be true of any other camber kits? Any suggestions or recommendations? Thanks is advance guys. :cheers:

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
SC E38 M7 said:
Guys,

I have a set of KW V3 Coilovers coming for my E38 7 series. I am the only one I know of who will have them on a 7. This makes getting answers very difficult. I know many of you here have the KW V3 setup and rave about them. My question is will the KMAC Camber plates work on my new coilovers. I would rather do it all at once while the suspension is out of the car. Also I want my car to be as dialed in as possible regarding the suspension. Any words of wisdom? I know the same KMAC's work for both the M5 and 7 series. Would this be true of any other camber kits? Any suggestions or recommendations? Thanks is advance guys. :cheers:
Do a search...KMAC is complete garbage. The QA & QC is terrible and they are made of flimsy sheetmetal and they reduce jounce travel by a whopping 7/16". On a lowered car, this reduced jounce can easily cut your suspension travel in half. I would strongly suggest Ground Control strut plates.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lscman said:
Do a search...KMAC is complete garbage. The QA & QC is terrible and they are made of flimsy sheetmetal and they reduce jounce travel by a whopping 7/16". On a lowered car, this reduced jounce can easily cut your suspension travel in half. I would strongly suggest Ground Control strut plates.
Does anyone have pics of the GC plates? Just trying to see if they will fit my car. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
KW V3 just got here. :D Anyone got pics of the GC plates? I want to put these on soon. Your help will be appreciated. The 7er is begging me to put these on. Just want to see if the GC plates can be used for my application since the KMACs are interchangeable between E38/E39. :confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
SC E38 M7
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing