BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am handing the wheels to the wheel shop next Tuesday. Still wondering about choosing the color. As my beast is monaco blue metalica(dark blue), what is the optimized color choice for me? I am thinking about glossy charcoal balck, but my friend told me that matte will be better...I am totally comfused since there aint many blue car with black rims.
So please everybody, if you guys have pics and experiences, tell me. I am afriad my powdercoating will end up to be a regret...

·
8,369 Posts
Tough decision Dee as they all would look good. It just depends on which color or finish puts the most smile on your face.

I think Matt black or polished black would both look good.
However, in my opinion it may make your car look too dark.
And white may make your wheels stand out too much.

That's why I chose diamond black finish on my BBS RGR rims.
I didnt want my rims too dark.
I am very happy with my diamond black finish. Not too dark, not too light, just right for me.
Puts a smile on my face everytime I look at my rims.

Good luck to you

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tough decision Dee as they all would look good. It just depends on which color or finish puts the most smile on your face.

I think Matt black or polished black would both look good.
However, in my opinion it may make your car look too dark.
And white may make your wheels stand out too much.

That's why I chose diamond black finish on my BBS RGR rims.
I didnt want my rims too dark.
I am very happy with my diamond black finish. Not too dark, not too light, just right for me.
Puts a smile on my face everytime I look at my rims.

Good luck to you
thanks for the reply dan. Is diamond black something near charcoal black ? I don't wanna my rims to be too dark as well, thats why I say no to flat black. IMO matte black looks darker thant gloss balck, is that right ? Also, I m thinking to leave the lip silver or polished silver in order to have a contrast to the dark wheel. What do you think of this ?
Those are the pics of my beast's recent look.

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very sharp looking beast!

Here are some photos of my beast with BBS RGR diamond black finish rims.

Diamond black finish is similar to carbon black finish.

Kinda like silver with light black haze. Really unique.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e6...65170-photoshoot-whathehecks-gorgeous-m6.html
Thanks again dan. Ur beast looks like like a brand new and I like you wheels. Did you get your wheels powdercoated or painted ? Looks like the option of color for powdercoating is limited. And where did you get your wheels done ? I was been told that in Cascade Wheels in Lynnwood is good at wheels so I scheduled the appointment with them.

·
8,369 Posts
Hey Dee, thanks for the compliments about my car.

My BBS RGR rims were stock color from BBS. It came that way. But I'm sure any good aftermarket paint shop can do the same.

I am currently here in Florida waiting to board our ship Equinox to start our 10 day Caribbean Cruise today.

When I get back from vacation we should meet up one weekend so I can see your sharp beast.

I live in Everett and work for Boeing.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Dee, thanks for the compliments about my car.

My BBS RGR rims were stock color from BBS. It came that way. But I'm sure any good aftermarket paint shop can do the same.

I am currently here in Florida waiting to board our ship Equinox to start our 10 day Caribbean Cruise today.

When I get back from vacation we should meet up one weekend so I can see your sharp beast.

I live in Everett and work for Boeing.
No problem, I am a student in UW and just made myself a small fortune in stock market, so trade in the beast right away. By the way, I am from China. Email me when you get back [email protected] and my phone number is 2066198936

1 - 7 of 7 Posts