BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

my girlfriend's sister goes to UBC. she ownes a 3 year old VW Golf. she wants to get it serviced. she has no clue about cars and nor the service her Golf requires.

can someone help? does anyone on this forum own a shop? or can you please recommend a reputable machanaic who will not rip her off?

I appreciate your help

·
Registered
532 Posts
Well, I didn't respond to your post when I saw it yesterday because you were asking for a dependable and honest mechanic to service a VW.

I take my M5 to Parkshore BMW as I trust them. Recently, they even offer discount parts and labour rates for older BMW's like mine. But that's for BMW's.

Why not make a post on a VW forum - you may get a better response there.

Sorry, can't help you much here....??????

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I didn't respond to your post when I saw it yesterday because you were asking for a dependable and honest mechanic to service a VW.

I take my M5 to Parkshore BMW as I trust them. Recently, they even offer discount parts and labour rates for older BMW's like mine. But that's for BMW's.

Why not make a post on a VW forum - you may get a better response there.

Sorry, can't help you much here....??????
I did post on vwvortex.com - no luck

there must be a reasonable mechanic (no BMW nor VW dealer) that people know of

please ask around if you can

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I did post on vwvortex.com - no luck

there must be a reasonable mechanic (no BMW nor VW dealer) that people know of

please ask around if you can
www.brianjesselautohaus.com go in there and ask for Richard, he works from tues-sat. Just tell him Billy with the M5 sent u.

they do service for all makes and all their techs are BMW certified as the owner also owns a BMW dealership a few doors down the street.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm servicing my E39 M5 with them too, but on several occasions now they couldn't replicate the problem or weren't quite sure what's causing it.

Any other suggestions for a good mechanic in the Metro-Vancouver area?

-K.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I'm servicing my E39 M5 with them too, but on several occasions now they couldn't replicate the problem or weren't quite sure what's causing it.

Any other suggestions for a good mechanic in the Metro-Vancouver area?

-K.
best one right now is Performance One in Richmond.

·
Registered
242 Posts
check our cg motorshops or nixon.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My office uses a south african mechanic who has a shop in richmond. He is very honest. I took my car in there once for a diff noise and he took it for a drive, put it up on the hoist and inspected the diff fluid. Told me it was likely just some noise from surface tolerances wearing. No mechanical failure. Charged nothing. Another time a co worker had a window come out the tract and he put it back in free too. His name is Vince and the name of his shop is rainbow auto service. Knows german cars well.

·
Registered
133 Posts
x2 for CG Motorsports in Richmond. Great bunch of guys and also HUGE enthusiasts.

I always take my cars to them when Im in the Vancouver area.

As a foot note the best shop in Victoria, BC is R&W Motorsport in case anyone ever gets stuck on the island. Do NOT go to Island Motorsport.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts