BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I acquired a used CCC, and plugged it in. It still continues to have a blank screen (I thought the BMW logo would at least show). I know it has power, as opposed to before, because the iDrive wheel doesn't free-spin.
I coded all the defaults on these modules (in this order) in NCSExpert:
- CGATE
- CHOST
- CAUD
- CTUNE
- CAPPL

Still nothing on the screen.
When I reset the CCC with the "power & eject buttons" the screen appears to blink, but that's it.
One weird thing when I was coding, was that it took several tries hitting the "execute job" to actually get to the end of coding without erroring out. However, they all coded after a few tries.

What am I missing?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Issue was on my end. I must not have put the screen plug in firmly enough, and wiggled out while I was squeezing the unit back into the dash.
Plugged it in, screen came up, and coded in perfectly. Well, sort of perfectly - It errors out a few times on each module on NCS, but after a few tries, it's good.
One thing I would like to learn is how to code an LCI radio (with the extra buttons) into my car. Right now, none of the manual preset station buttons (under the cd slot) won't work.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Try coding "VA_FB" to "6_plus_2_keys" (assuming it's a US-spec CCC), and set VA_FM_AM_TOGGLE, VA_MODE_TOGGLE, VA_FB_ENTERTAINMENT, VA_FB_COMMUNICATION, and VA_FB_NAVIGATION to aktiv - should be in the CAPPL module.

And also make sure your cable's latency is set to 1ms

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try coding "VA_FB" to "6_plus_2_keys" (assuming it's a US-spec CCC), and set VA_FM_AM_TOGGLE, VA_MODE_TOGGLE, VA_FB_ENTERTAINMENT, VA_FB_COMMUNICATION, and VA_FB_NAVIGATION to aktiv - should be in the CAPPL module.

And also make sure your cable's latency is set to 1ms
Nice! Thanks!
I'll try it this week and let you know if that's the ticket.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also cannot get bluetooth to work. The checkmark in iDrive bluetooth cannot be "clicked on".
The only way to get sound and chime through the speakers, is to unplug the bluetooth module, and use a MOST loop bypass. With that on, radio speakers and chime come back on.
Is this a coding issue, or something different? What coding should I be looking at for this?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Maybe the bluetooth module has to be updated, though I'm not sure how you would do that if leaving it plugged in causes the most loop to break.

I'll look into coding issues. What's the actual build date of your M5?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe the bluetooth module has to be updated, though I'm not sure how you would do that if leaving it plugged in causes the most loop to break.

I'll look into coding issues. What's the actual build date of your M5?
Build date is 10/05.
I even tried a different bluetooth module, and same symptoms. I'm with you on why the most loop breaks at all. I would think that even with bad power to the module, it wouldn't shut down the speakers.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Well if the module doesn't power on for some reason, then it wouldn't be able to broadcast a MOST signal even if it received one (they don't act as simple jumpers when unpowered).

What I don't understand is why your module wouldn't power up. I'm not seeing any major wiring or coding changes that would cause an LCI CCC to not wake up a pre-LCI bluetooth module

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was acting up with the pre-LCI CCC also. Several months ago, I couldn't pair a new phone to it. Then before I killed my old CCC, it was the same symptoms - No radio or chime, and the bluetooth checkbox couldn't be checked. The other issue I had was that I couldn't change the settings in Mdrive.
After some default coding, and using the ccc recovery disc, everything came back except for bluetooth.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So that harness that I posted earlier did not look like mine. I didn't have a red / green stripe. Instead I had two red / blue stripe. I tried to get a voltage off of both, and couldn't read anything.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Is it red, blue, and yellow by any chance? If so, that should also be +12v. If there's no power, sounds like it could be a fuse issue. If I'm reading the diagrams correctly, that would be fuse 37 or fuse 80.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Here's the harness I have.
I also looked at the F80 fuse. It looks good.

Edit: I think you just uncovered a big one... I don't have an F37 fuse. As in, there's no fuse in that block. It's late, so I'm going to put a fuse in tomorrow, and check again.

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Unbelievable. That was it - I put a fuse in F37, plugged the module in, and it came alive. No idea how that happened.

Only thing now, is that my Galaxy S7 Edge won't pair. It says successful pairing, but then hangs, and doesn't actually pair to my phone. Does something need to be updated in the bluetooth software maybe?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Thanks for all the help on troubleshooting. I have everything on now... I ended up putting in a new BT module, even though I'm pretty sure the old one is still good. Galaxy S7 Edge pairs and all is well.
I must have cleared about 100 random errors and IM's in INPA. Coded all the good stuff in, so car is better than ever.
However, what won't work now is voice commands. No chime or anything if I hit the voice button. Not sure where I went wrong there.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Thanks for all the help on troubleshooting. I have everything on now... I ended up putting in a new BT module, even though I'm pretty sure the old one is still good. Galaxy S7 Edge pairs and all is well.
I must have cleared about 100 random errors and IM's in INPA. Coded all the good stuff in, so car is better than ever.
However, what won't work now is voice commands. No chime or anything if I hit the voice button. Not sure where I went wrong there.
Probably lost when you changed the VIN on the CCC. Probably have to load the FSC for your car, though I'm not 100% sure how to do that on a CCC. This archive has all of the FSCs for E60s built until March 2007, so you shouldn't have to order anything from a dealer: https://ulozto.cz/!uB1AsWrZ/fsc-up-to-2007-03-rar

·
Registered
665 Posts
Terra is correct.

An emulator will probably be much less of a headache than trying to go the legit route with FSCs though.

Even if you re-load the FSC it will disable again as long as your gateway VIN and radio vin do not match. The only way around this is to make them match...once they match, just use the fsc for the matching VIN you chose.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
3 Participants
CHARIOT
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing