BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to perform the euro dash conversion on my E39, as many of you have done, but I've run into a problem. One of the parts, the steering column lower trim, part no. 32-31-1-095-786, seems to be unattainable. Every US BMW dealer has told me that I need to provide them with a title showing my ownership of a European model in order for them to order the part from BMW. Since I have an American market car, they've denied my request to order this part. I’ve also checked on German eBay, where I was able to find other parts for this conversion, but I could not find this steering column lower trim. How have other people dealt with this issue? Also, are there any European board members that would be willing to order the part and ship it to me if I reimbursed them?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,632 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Wow, nice find! Thank you! I'm worried because the part number of the eBay item ends in 7, and all the diagrams I've found end in 6. Do you think it's a typo?
There are two types of these electric steering wheel column covers. One is up to March 1999 and the other one is after that. The differences are the holes for turn lights and windscreen wipers levers. Here they are # numbers:

That one from eBay comes from a post - March 1999 E39.

If you decide to get a new one from the dealer I could help with the order. It's about $100 including shipping to you.

Alex

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you so much everyone for your help! I guess I hadn't looked hard enough on German eBay. I was searching for "32311095786," but most listings leave off the first 4 digits, and also there are so many other part numbers for the same part. Anyways, I was able to order the one that @Dking078 posted, so thank you for that. And also thank you @nosferau666 for your generous offer to get me one from the dealer!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
WaddleDee72
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing