BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a huge dilemma. I leased a six speed 2008 M5 two years ago and now my lease will be up on the 15th Dec. My husband is insisting that I decide between a X5 (5.0 V8), a X5 M or a 750i with the sports M package. In reality I really don't want any because I want the new M5 but i will have to wait about a year or so whenever they are going to being released.

So here is my issue: which one would you recommend and if you have either of the cars, opinions are welcomed.

I am also interested in the Porsche Panamera to do something completely different. I use to have Cayenne Turbo which I really liked.

Also I plan on doing a 3 year lease and when the M5 comes out I'll post the current vehicle I will be purchasing on Swap a Lease. So one of the other factors I would like feedback on is which car would be more attractive as a lease transfer in 12-16 months from now.

Some might be wondering why the x5 (5.0 V8) is the mix. It' significantly cheaper (about 25%-30% cheaper) and a great value for the money, but after owning a M car, I'm not to sure. I have test driven all of them but still indecisive.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
How come you are considering an X5 (5.0 V8) and an X5M?

What about going for a 550i to tie you over until the M5 arrives?

Or if you really like the your current M5 keep that until the F10 arrives. :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have a huge dilemma. I leased a six speed 2008 M5 two years ago and now my lease will be up on the 15th Dec. My husband is insisting that I decide between a X5 (5.0 V8), a X5 M or a 750i with the sports M package. In reality I really don't want any because I want the new M5 but i will have to wait about a year or so whenever they are going to being released.

So here is my issue: which one would you recommend and if you have either of the cars, opinions are welcomed.

Thanks!!!
My wife just took delivery of a 2011 X5 5.0 and it's a great car She got all the packages so it handles well. The power of the new 4,4 Turbo motor and the 8 speed transmission is excellent. This is her 5th X5 and she loves the vehicle. She also has a 135i convertible and I have a 2010 M6.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Re: Swap-A-Lease...used it to assume a lease and transfer a lease thru BMW Financial. Pretty happy with the process, not exactly simple, but no major hassles.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts

I am also interested in the Porsche Panamera to do something completely different. I use to have Cayenne Turbo which I really liked.

Also I plan on doing a 3 year lease and when the M5 comes out I'll post the current vehicle I will be purchasing on Swap a Lease. So one of the other factors I would like feedback on is which car would be more attractive as a lease transfer in 12-16 months from now.

Some might be wondering why the x5 (5.0 V8) is the mix. It' significantly cheaper (about 25%-30% cheaper) and a great value for the money, but after owning a M car, I'm not to sure. I have test driven all of them but still indecisive.

Thanks!!!
Honestly? Test drive the BMW Alpina B7. Call ahead to make sure they have one available. It is a 7 series given to Alpina (a tuning company) by BMW, then sold by BMW. Amazing machine, very comfortable, very powerful. DINAN has just released an ECU for the car which puts it at around 570HP & 640TQ.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
A friend just got the 750 and loves it. He got the Dinan package for $2600 that boosts the HP over 500 with huge amounts of torque. He says it's rocket fast with every luxury and cool electronic feature imaginable.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I say go for 740i,It's cheaper and faster(untill 100km/h) than 750i and as other 7-Series variants it's comfortable.
My father has one and he's very happy with it

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
BMW X5M is a very fun SUV, even works somewhat on the track.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r5aL2tn9TtA" frameborder="0"></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cs3cJ8ubNjA" frameborder="0"></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rDO27QpUA3I" frameborder="0"></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r5aL2tn9TtA" frameborder="0"></iframe>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts