BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys well this is my problem right now I currently have 22' wheels on my car and wanting to putt on 20' wheels I will show you both pictures the 20" and the 22" please tell me your ohnost opinions.

or these 20"s

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'll buy your 22s if you want to get rid of them...let me know please..

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I think most people on the board will say the same thing, get the 20's you sacrifice performance too much with 22" Those are some great looking rims though.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I think most people on the board will say the same thing, get the 20's you sacrifice performance too much with 22" Those are some great looking rims though.
+1 to that, but your 22" wheels are better looking than those 20's IMO

·
Registered
1,897 Posts

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
+1...I think that will fill in the space/ gap pretty well and get you the performance and looks you want...
Why not go for some 21s

·
Registered
249 Posts
22"s... you sacrifice performance but it looks amazingg... the car is still fast enough... if you have a bad record and alot of speeding tickets get the 22s, youll be afraid to bend those if you hit a bump!... i saw a 650 convertible on 24" asantis and thought it was the most beutifull thing ever.. 24"s might be to big IMO

·
Registered
991 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

Mavallone713 said:
22"s... you sacrifice performance but it looks amazingg... the car is still fast enough... if you have a bad record and alot of speeding tickets get the 22s, youll be afraid to bend those if you hit a bump!... i saw a 650 convertible on 24" asantis and thought it was the most beutifull thing ever.. 24"s might be to big IMO
I bet they rub like crazy! 24's rub on an escalade

·
Registered
111 Posts
24s are completely over the top. Id love to see a picture of that cause i cant believe it could look anything other than awefull

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys but I still dont know what to do, stick with the 22's or go for the 20's

·
Registered
637 Posts
Here is the best "compromise" solution. Get the 21" Hamann Edition Race. They look very similar to the Neez wheel posted above, but a little better IMO. Black centers, polished or machined lip. Better for performance than 22", lighter, etc... Not quite as good performance-wise as the 20", but not nearly the performance decrease as compared to 22". Food for thought.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I really like the 20" Neez wheels but do you think 20's may look too small on the car?

·
Registered
397 Posts
It all depends on what's important, performance or bling. 22's do look great on the car. 20's look good too and still performs. Tough choice, I went with 20's.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
20's will look great with your H&R springs and with the right rubber...most of us have 20's and are pleased...

I also think 21's are a great compromise

Reactions: Powerbeast

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What rubber do you guys recommend?

·
Registered
397 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
something like this?
245 or 255 /35 - 20 inch tires for the front
285 or 275 /30 - 20 inch tires for the rear

·
Registered
397 Posts
something like this?
245 or 255 /35 - 20 inch tires for the front
285 or 275 /30 - 20 inch tires for the rear
It also matters what width the wheels are too. Stock I believe is 8.5" in the front and 10" for the rears. A 1/2 inch more on each side is ideal. Your specs on tires for the front is fine but you should go wider for the rears.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts