BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone can help !
Here are some pics of the codes and faults

also if not driving for about a day or two. The car will have a hard time starting. It starts better if I let the electronics warm up for a bit and then I start and it fires up.

now I been getting Transmission malfunction. Yellow clog of deat

car runs amazing overall ! Smooth shifts and pulls hard !

Attachments

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
when you replaced the battery last time, did you you have it properly registered to the vehicle?

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I found Carly to be hit or miss to register a battery. Seemed like it took several attempts. Much more reliable to use INPA. ISTA+ etc.

This could also be a bad voltage regulator. If you just replaced your battery and after you registered it with above software and still having these error I’d check alternator and voltage regulator. Replace both and do the job right.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
right...but some (more than some actually) replace one (alt/voltage reg) and not the other and wonder why their symptoms still exist. Never understood the point of why someone would change out one without the other. You're going to be in there anyway might as well replace with new and it removes all doubt as to which one was bad/failing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's most likely because its commonly the voltage regulator that fails(not always, but usually), leaving a well functioning alternator with good bearings and no other issues. The VReg is also much cheaper and easier to swap than the entire alternator. So cheap and easy it's not a bad idea to throw a brand new one in a fine working alternator after accumulating some miles just to help prevent a future voltage regulator failure leaving you stranded.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts