BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant beleive I did it, but I did! I spilled the coffee on the passenger seat,
and I need to remove it to clean properly! What a *****!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway, I see you ned a torx, anyone know what size, and
is there anything tricky to pulling this out???
Thanks
(I need to get that manky smell out!)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I did that last week, a 20oz flew out of the "holder" landed upside down on my waterproof jacket. Amazing, nothing on the seat or floor....

Good luck

·
Registered
236 Posts
You two need to get yourselves a couple of well endowed blondes/brunettes to hold your drinks for you. Once she has touched up her make up she will be more than happy. :hihi: :hihi:

Pip

·
Registered
145 Posts
Pip said:
You two need to get yourselves a couple of well endowed blondes/brunettes to hold your drinks for you. Once she has touched up her make up she will be more than happy. :hihi: :hihi:

Pip
The problem is that once installed, the maintenence requirements/costs skyrocket and the depreciation of installed "accessories" is worse than that of the vehicle itself.

Ladies of the board, I'm mostly kidding... before I get labeled as some chauvanist pig.

And to actually get back on subject, there are 4 bolts (2 front, 2 rear). You need to slide the little plastic rail covers off (I assume you've already done this since you've seen at least some of the bolts). I don't remember the size and don't have my tools here with me so can't help you a whole lot there other than to say go to Lowe's and buy a Kobalt set for 3/8" rachet (I think it was around $15-20) and I think it was in there. (Sorry, it's been a couple of months since I took my seat out, so I don't really remember the exact size I used.)

The only other tricky thing is that once you disconnect the wiring harness, there's also a little cable/wire that is attached to the seat that comes out of the floor. It's held onto the seat by a little clip that you need to undo/pop off of the seat before you try to remove it. The cable pulls in and out and is the mechanism for the seatbelt height adjustment as the seat moves back and forth.

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts