BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
I don't know about you but I didn't see one Asanti that are better looking than any of the HRE wheels. If you want something different I think iForged wheels look better.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dmz said:
I don't know about you but I didn't see one Asanti that are better looking than any of the HRE wheels. If you want something different I think iForged wheels look better.
I think the Asantis look better.
HRE's (so hard to believe it is) is driving everybody.
Every second BMW (if it is M3, M5 or 6) has an HRE wheel.
And the dish is not that deep.
I might consider buying me the AF 116 but i have actually never seen a pic on a M5. (only on a 645 and that looked stunning)

·
Registered
682 Posts
Not to be offensive... but the asanti wheels look like they are all show and no go.

·
Registered
635 Posts
The Ashanti wheels are nice but, they are definitely show & go, All lips range between 4" to 4 1/4 " inches. Only the BMW 745i can get a 5" lip without rolling the fenders or adding a widebody kit.

The Ashanti rims are much heavier, then the HRE's.

The only problem that I have had with the HRE's is that they seem a little soft for New York. I bent one rim going to Manhattan.

I guess it depends on what you are looking for!

Marion

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Hmmm...the Asanti AF116 looks pretty good...

I would still go with HRE or iforged or BBS...

HRE has really treated me well in the past...great customer service and quality.

I have a set of 19" BBS LM and the quality is outstanding.

Just my .02 :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
I would also go with the HRE due to their lightweight characteristics over the Asanti. Up to you though, you would be the first member on the board to be running Asanti rims. Please let us know what you end up choosing.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Personally I don't care for the Asanti wheels, I don't think they suit the image of the M5 and seem to portray to much "show". Probably look great on an Escallade.

·
Banned
386 Posts
I would rather go with HRE, DPE or Iforged.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
bigmanm5 said:
What are you guys think about these rims:
Asanti AF116...

Me likee! I was at the stealer this morning and saw a customer's black M3 with those (or very similar) wheels, with the BMW roundels inserted. Very impressive.

The only problem for that poor M3 fellow (with Pilot Sports) is that it's snowed a couple inches today, with another 4-6 likely.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well. i will go with the asantis...

What means show no go...?
If i want to go on the track i'll go with 18" anyway.
So everything else is OF COURSE show.
I like the HRE's (specially the 547 R's)
But for the same price i get the asanti with a 4.5 " dish.
And the HRE's are even more expensive in chrome.
What does the HRE has? On speciall order a 3". Well...
And i don't think that the weight different is THAT much bigger.
It is also a 3piece forged wheel, very good quality...
And what about the problem whith keeping the water in the rims (HRE)...
I ordered them yesterday.It'll take up to 4 weeks. If i have some pics i will post them.
I only know that the 645 what i saw looked really impressive (better than on a HRE).
My rims what i have right now DO have a 4.5" dish <view my car> but once a while you have to make some changes...

2 fast 2 be true

1 - 13 of 13 Posts