BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Need ESS 92mm and belt part numbers/Vendor

5K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  brads2002 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I need the part numbers for the 92mm pulley and 1510 belt, either from ESS or Vortech.

I've emailed, called, and PM'd ESS/Roman but no response.

I checked Vortechs website, and I'm guessing the 92mm pulley is the 3.6 in 6 rib pulley, but there's no 1510 belt found anywhere.

So those that have changed pulleys/belts, where did you get the part numbers or ordered from??

I'd like to get these fairly soon so I have a reason to get the HFS6 Meth kit and not feel guilty :tonquesmilie:

Thanks!

#2 ·
I believe I went through Roman. If he's not responding, you could PM AJ on here. He usually responds to PMs.

#3 · (Edited)
I purchased my 92mm pulley here --- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vort...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I paid a bit less than that, $55 IIRC.

You can buy the belt at any NAPA store. Mine is Gates Micro V and I thiink it's the K060594. I can check and let you know for sure.

I paid a total of about $85 for both parts.

The pulley/belt combo can be purchased from ESS from some crazy price ($230?) but the result will be the same. Voided warranty on your SC and more boost!

Reactions: gsfent and Ransidd
#4 ·
I purchased my 92mm pulley here --- Vortech Supercharger Pulley 2A036-361 | eBay

I paid a bit less than that, $55 IIRC.

You can buy the belt at any NAPA store. Mine is Gates Micro V and I thiink it's the K060594. I can check and let you know for sure.

I paid a total of about $85 for both parts.

The pulley/belt combo can be purchased from ESS from some crazy price ($230?) but the result will be the same. Voided warranty on your SC and more boost!
Thanks Adam! Bought the pulley, can you (or anyone) confirm the belt is a 1510?

Thanks again.

#5 ·
My 92mm pulley from ESS came with a 1510 belt.

#6 ·
My belt is the Gates Micro-V K060594 which converts to 1508. It fits perfectly, doesn't slip, is easy to find, inexpensive and isn't difficult to install.

ESS supplies Contitech belts which are also high quality but hard to source in the U.S. I couldn't easily find one.

#7 ·
92mm belt part

I am using Dayco Poly Rig 5060595 6PK1510. I bought a few of these from AutoZone online.

Reactions: Ransidd
#14 ·
I just went out to look at my belt to check for you. If there were numbers on it, they are worn off. My prior email above indicates that the 1510 is the proper belt.

In looking at my belt, it is getting tired, so a new belt is probably not far off in the future.

The 92mm came from Vortech if I recall, so if they are open, I might see if they have belts and/or recommendation for size. I remember it was a PITA getting the belt on the last time, notwithstanding the adjuster, it is a very tight fit. I think we had to "walk it on".

Regards,
Jerry

#15 ·
Thanks Jerry, I appreciate the confirmation and reply. ESS suggested a 6PK1509 which seems like it would be a tad shorter? Unfortunately they don't seem to exist in this country. From what I could tell the 1510 translates to a 595K6. I just ordered one incase there is a problem with my current belt. I also ordered a 592K6 which seems to be about .25" shorter. Will report back once they arrive.

Brad

#16 ·
I went back over old posts. Per Clemster, the Gates belt will work. Number is K060594. Micro-V. Depending on source, price around $20 or so. It works out to 1509 cm.

If 6PK1509 is a 1509 belt (would make sense based on number), that would right. Or a 1510 should be just fine. Difference within the limits of the belt tensioner.

Regards,
Jerry

Reactions: brads2002
#17 ·
This is the belt I am currently running with my 92mm pulley. I found out through trial and error that belt manufacturers measure differently. I've had several SC'd M5's and the Gates belts have proven very reliable.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.