BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I need the part numbers for the 92mm pulley and 1510 belt, either from ESS or Vortech.

I've emailed, called, and PM'd ESS/Roman but no response.

I checked Vortechs website, and I'm guessing the 92mm pulley is the 3.6 in 6 rib pulley, but there's no 1510 belt found anywhere.

So those that have changed pulleys/belts, where did you get the part numbers or ordered from??

I'd like to get these fairly soon so I have a reason to get the HFS6 Meth kit and not feel guilty :tonquesmilie:

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I believe I went through Roman. If he's not responding, you could PM AJ on here. He usually responds to PMs.

·
Registered
5,802 Posts
I purchased my 92mm pulley here --- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vortech-Supercharger-Pulley-2A036-361-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4cf5e884b8QQitemZ330543170744QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I paid a bit less than that, $55 IIRC.

You can buy the belt at any NAPA store. Mine is Gates Micro V and I thiink it's the K060594. I can check and let you know for sure.

I paid a total of about $85 for both parts.

The pulley/belt combo can be purchased from ESS from some crazy price ($230?) but the result will be the same. Voided warranty on your SC and more boost!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I purchased my 92mm pulley here --- Vortech Supercharger Pulley 2A036-361 | eBay

You can buy the belt at any NAPA store. Mine is Gates Micro V and I thiink it's the K060594. I can check and let you know for sure.

I paid a total of about $85 for both parts.

The pulley/belt combo can be purchased from ESS from some crazy price ($230?) but the result will be the same. Voided warranty on your SC and more boost!
Thanks Adam! Bought the pulley, can you (or anyone) confirm the belt is a 1510?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
My 92mm pulley from ESS came with a 1510 belt.

·
Registered
5,802 Posts
My belt is the Gates Micro-V K060594 which converts to 1508. It fits perfectly, doesn't slip, is easy to find, inexpensive and isn't difficult to install.

ESS supplies Contitech belts which are also high quality but hard to source in the U.S. I couldn't easily find one.

·
Registered
776 Posts
92mm belt part

I am using Dayco Poly Rig 5060595 6PK1510. I bought a few of these from AutoZone online.

·
Registered
12,834 Posts
I purchased my 92mm pulley here --- Vortech Supercharger Pulley 2A036-361 | eBay

Great price, Vortech is close to $80 for the pulley.

In prior discussions with ESS, they indicated there is a little bit of play in the size of the belt since the tensioner is designed to take up the slack. So you MIGHT get away with a stock sized belt, but 1508 and 1510 (length in cm?) is virtually indistinguishable.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
5,802 Posts
Great price, Vortech is close to $80 for the pulley.

In prior discussions with ESS, they indicated there is a little bit of play in the size of the belt since the tensioner is designed to take up the slack. So you MIGHT get away with a stock sized belt, but 1508 and 1510 (length in cm?) is virtually indistinguishable.
Regards,
Jerry
Hey Jerry,

I got my pulley for less because it was cosmetically imperfect. One little nick on the face, no biggie. Not here to knock ESS, as I love my kit, but how does an $80 pulley + $30 belt = $220? :confused:

As far as belts go, the difference between 1508 and 1510 is 2mm which is next to nothing. However, there doesn't seem to be an exact standard by which belts are measured. I have compared one brand to another of the same size and found them to be different. Also, if you look at a Dayco vs. a Gates you'll see a difference in groove design with the Gates having a more defined "v" and, IMO, more surface contact with a better bite. The Dayco belts I've seen look much less appropriate for this type of application. Meaning, they suck. Perhap they make another line that is of higher quality that I'm not aware of.

Adam

·
Registered
12,834 Posts
Hey Jerry,

I got my pulley for less because it was cosmetically imperfect. One little nick on the face, no biggie. Not here to knock ESS, as I love my kit, but how does an $80 pulley + $30 belt = $220? :confused:
R&D??hiha
As far as belts go, the difference between 1508 and 1510 is 2mm which is next to nothing. However, there doesn't seem to be an exact standard by which belts are measured. I have compared one brand to another of the same size and found them to be different. Also, if you look at a Dayco vs. a Gates you'll see a difference in groove design with the Gates having a more defined "v" and, IMO, more surface contact with a better bite. The Dayco belts I've seen look much less appropriate for this type of application. Meaning, they suck. Perhap they make another line that is of higher quality that I'm not aware of.

Adam
That is helpful, any experience with Conti's?
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
5,802 Posts
R&D??hiha
Silly me, that must be it!:)

That is helpful, any experience with Conti's?
Regards,
Jerry
The only experience I have with the Conti is with the 1515 that came with the kit. No doubt a good belt but there doesn't appear to be a distributor on this continent. Gates look to be comparable in quality, are sold everywhere and don't cost any more than the Dayco.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Guys I just installed a 92 mm and him running belt 060594 which seems to translate into a 1510. It feels tight but the tensioner is right at the end of its travel And makes a racket when cold because it’s bouncing off of itself. See picture. Any thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
12,834 Posts
Any ideas from you forced induction experts? Thanks
I just went out to look at my belt to check for you. If there were numbers on it, they are worn off. My prior email above indicates that the 1510 is the proper belt.

In looking at my belt, it is getting tired, so a new belt is probably not far off in the future.

The 92mm came from Vortech if I recall, so if they are open, I might see if they have belts and/or recommendation for size. I remember it was a PITA getting the belt on the last time, notwithstanding the adjuster, it is a very tight fit. I think we had to "walk it on".

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thanks Jerry, I appreciate the confirmation and reply. ESS suggested a 6PK1509 which seems like it would be a tad shorter? Unfortunately they don't seem to exist in this country. From what I could tell the 1510 translates to a 595K6. I just ordered one incase there is a problem with my current belt. I also ordered a 592K6 which seems to be about .25" shorter. Will report back once they arrive.

Brad

·
Registered
12,834 Posts
Thanks Jerry, I appreciate the confirmation and reply. ESS suggested a 6PK1509 which seems like it would be a tad shorter? Unfortunately they don't seem to exist in this country. From what I could tell the 1510 translates to a 595K6. I just ordered one incase there is a problem with my current belt. I also ordered a 592K6 which seems to be about .25" shorter. Will report back once they arrive.

Brad
I went back over old posts. Per Clemster, the Gates belt will work. Number is K060594. Micro-V. Depending on source, price around $20 or so. It works out to 1509 cm.

If 6PK1509 is a 1509 belt (would make sense based on number), that would right. Or a 1510 should be just fine. Difference within the limits of the belt tensioner.

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
5,802 Posts
This is the belt I am currently running with my 92mm pulley. I found out through trial and error that belt manufacturers measure differently. I've had several SC'd M5's and the Gates belts have proven very reliable.

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
Nice, thanks guys. The belt on there wasnt a Gates so that might be the issue. Funny that they can be slightly different depending on the brand. Appreciate the help and clarification.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Here is a pic with the 592k6. Unfortunately I don’t have a brand as it came in an unlabeled package. eBay purchase. Looks like I’m in pretty good shape now at about halfway on the tensioner range. Thanks again for the help.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts