BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I've got a bad DSC pump on my 2006 M5. I need to get a new one but looking for a used model. There are a few on Ebay that say they came off a 535 but will fit an M5. I'm not really wanting to trust it. Does anyone know if these cross reference?

If anyone has a pump laying around I'll talk about that too.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you are replacing the entire unit (module + pump/motor), then you need an e60 M5/M6 specific used part. 535i won't cut it. If you swap over the electronic portion then it may be possible that other part numbers for the pump/motor might be OK, but you might also be hard pressed to find out conclusively what part numbers are OK without taking a chance yourself.

Note that there are a a couple PN's on these units. There is a PN on the motor itself and another on the electronic module. I'm in the process of replacing the electronic portion of my DSC and I'll soon find out if having the exact module PN is OK (but I'm certain that anything non M5/M6 is NOT OK).

Backing up a little, you need to be specific about what fault you are currently having. Most common DSC faults are related to the motor and there are a few companies that rebuild them. I used Modules Masters for my motor rebuild and they did a fine job. I think it was about $300.

For myself, I've developed a new DSC fault that is related to a pressure sensor and I've confirmed the fault is in the electronic module and no one is guaranteeing that this type of fault is repairable. I've just ordered a used complete DSC unit from a 2008 M5 and this weekend I hope to swap the electronic module over to my original motor/pump. I'm anticipating needing to recode and set my VIN on the used module.

If you can wait a week or 2 and you only need a DSC pump/motor, I'll be happy to sell you the motor section from the unit I just purchased.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If it has pump connector faults then you need the entire hydraulic unit with module. Just the module will not fix your problem. Contact a company called Module Master. They can repair the unit out of your car, you will need the specific faults or you can pay them to power it up and pull them. I had mine repaired on my car, no issues.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Mpowerdave, I'm not getting any fault codes at all. My problem is with the pump itself. Every time it activates (which is a lot in an M5) it injects air into the brake lines. I've used INPA to turn off the DSC and haven't had an issue since. So, I can wait a few weeks and would love to talk about getting your hydraulic section. I would like my DCS back at some point.....

Thanks all for the info and replies. Huge help!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey nvrtoofast, this weekend I successfully fixed my DSC by replacing the electronic section and I now have a spare pump section to resell. Are you able to send me a PM?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey Mpowerdave, I'm not getting any fault codes at all. My problem is with the pump itself. Every time it activates (which is a lot in an M5) it injects air into the brake lines. I've used INPA to turn off the DSC and haven't had an issue since. So, I can wait a few weeks and would love to talk about getting your hydraulic section. I would like my DCS back at some point.....

Thanks all for the info and replies. Huge help!!

Hello! What is the feeling you had on your brake pedal? Tks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts