BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car needs a detail BAD!! I used a guy really close to my house, and he totally did a swirl job on my carbon black baby! Needless to say, he won't ever be touching my car again. I really would like to do the whole DIY Porter Cable job on it, but I just don't ever seem to have the time to do that...so I'd better farm it out before the paint is ruined...

·
Registered
188 Posts
I was planning on having my recently purchased M5 detailed soon since there are some swirl marks and excess wax all over the car. I contacted two detailers that advertise in the local PCA newsletter Pandemonium. The first detailer is at www.glisteningperfection.com and he told me it would be $425.00 to do it right with exclusively zymol products. His web site is quite nice and seems like he does a lot of concours level work. However that price is a little steep for a detail IMO, unless I was entering my car in a show or something.

The second detailer I contacted is Marks Clean Car Service at 714-993-9293. He also does concours prep for cars and quoted me a price of $225.00. He uses professional grade 3M products that he said is not available to the consumer.

I was leaning towards Marks Clean Car Service. If you were interested in possibly setting up a package deal for both of our cars, let me know by sending me an email. Maybe he would do both cars for $200.00.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
714 area code - so that detailer is in Orange County. I'm actually looking for someone close to my house in Redondo Beach, pretty far from OC...but oddly enough I work in Orange County so may still be able to work something out. Do you know what city he's in?

I assume that you are a Ducati man?

·
Registered
188 Posts
They are both mobile services and work mainly in OC but do work in LA. Yes, Ducati man would be correct. However I am currently without a ride, due to my infant daughter. Can't take big risks now that I am a father.

·
Registered
517 Posts
buymenow00 said:
My car needs a detail BAD!! I used a guy really close to my house, and he totally did a swirl job on my carbon black baby! Needless to say, he won't ever be touching my car again. I really would like to do the whole DIY Porter Cable job on it, but I just don't ever seem to have the time to do that...so I'd better farm it out before the paint is ruined...
I'm local to you, and may be able to help. If you wash and get the car to me I'll get your swirl marks out and you can take your car home and do whatever wax or glaze you want, or I'll do it. I know how it is, my car is black too. I'll give you a good guy deal.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Ducman69 said:
. He uses professional grade 3M products that he said is not available to the consumer.

Reminds me of "contractor grade" paints and building material....many people think "wow, this is good if real builders use it"... In my b is known as cheap crap that lasts just long enough for esrow to close.

Just because consumers can't buy it,( perhaps it is only sold professionally in 5 gallon drums) does not mean it is better!

Although I've use conventional materials as well as the Zaino family, there are a lot of ways to 'skin the cat'. Personally I believe meticulous prep and execution, with most decent cleaner/swirl remover/polish and wax will give virtually equivalent results.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts