BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys:
I will be brief. I've been offered a 2003 M5 Full Dinan S2 with almost 100K miles. The car has been exceptionally maintained and is in exceptional exterior/interior condition ( according to current owner and based on pictures sent); pricing will be discussed after I see car in person. My question is: how much would you be willing to spend on this vehicle with these specifications. Thanks for your opinions.

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
From what I've seen over the past few years, the full S2 package will add roughly $7k to a cars value. Yes, that's less than .20 on the dollar. Bad for them, good for you!

A well kept '03 with 100k is probably worth high teens. But be careful of the current owners opinion and even high res. pics, as both can lie.

My math says mid $20's. Where is the car located? Perhaps a knowledgeable member can have a look for you.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I can't speak too much to the value of the Dinan package, but it seems that when these cars hit 100K miles the value really drops and it takes folks forever to sell them.

I'd suggest low twenties. Of course, the market in PR is much smaller, so not only are there fewer cars to find, there are fewer people that want to buy it. That could work in your advantage. I'd also be concerned with finding a competent place to maintain the car.

Remember: these are very expensive cars to maintain. At 100K miles and the age that these cars are getting, there is a lot of stuff that can and will go wrong. If you DIY then it's not too bad, lots of knowledge on this board. But if you have to pay someone to do it for you, then it can get very expensive very quickly.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks both for your input. Clemster or anyone knowledgeable in fair market value for M5 vehicles, what would be fair market value for either a 2001 M5 with full Dinan S3 package and 20k miles and a 2002 M5 with both full S2 package and ESS supercharger kit with 64k miles. Thanks again for your input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts