BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mother's business in France needs a mini van (or whatever that segment is called). Her choices are Citroen Berlingo, Renault Kangoo and Peugeot Partner Mistral. I have absolutely no idea about these vehicles, not to mention how do they compare and what engine to choose.

Does anyone have any experience with these things? Any suggestions? I don't wanna hear my mother saying "so you spent all that time on cars and can't give me a piece of advice?" ouich

TIA!

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
They are all basically the same. That is no frills vans. Just go the for the cheapest diesel version I doubt there is any petrol models or extensive trim options. And run it into the ground. Then get another one. Thats how it works for vans.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I drove the Renault. It was O.K. I would suggest getting the smallest of the bunch if it fits with the business objectives. Easier to park, drive, best mileage, etc.

We leased the VW Sharan (diesel) for our service technicians throughout Europe. Great van...but it sounds like it's not offered for her...

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks people. I really appreciate it. I was worried if one of these vans might be a total disaster. Looks like they all are :D

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
all are pretty nice little vans for what they were designed for. however the peugeot/Citroen (they are sister models) are in the end of their lifespan with new model on the way.. (the peugeot partner actually invented the whole category...)
so the renault is a good choice at the moment. naturally in everycase it needs to be a diesel... no sense buyin a bensin one..
also in the same category is VW caddy (new model) which is pretty good, but not sure how it compares in prices in France.. Sharan is a bigger model...

·
Registered
180 Posts
my dad uses a berlingo, never had any problems with it. theyre all designed to be rugged and run for as long as theyre asked to though. doubt theres much difference

1 - 10 of 10 Posts