BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had an appointment with AltaMere in Plano today and didn't really like them. Had a long list of waiver's and wouldn't let me watch them install tint "for insurance purposes" WTF...

Anyway, they said they couldn't do it b/c the rear deck is alancantara and they didn't want to get it wet/etc.

A bit dissapointed as they have a new kind of tint called Wincos tint which removes Infrared heat / not just UV and is a new class of Tint which is pretty hard to come by.

Obviously a lot of M5's have tint - where should I go? I really want a place that has the system that pre-cuts the tint vs. having an installer use the razor approach...

Suggestions?

·
Registered
442 Posts
There is a place on Preston Road South of Franklin on the West side called ProTint. BMW of Dallas informed me that they are the only ones to use. I have used them and they are terrific.

Rick

·
Registered
4 Posts
Alta Mere on Lemmon next to Bob's Steak House.... They will go as dark as you want without asking questions

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got appt for today at pro-tint for huber-optic. $399 doing the sunroof glass too as I think it needs it.

Staying away from altamere - too much attitude.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I understand that the tint you are going to use, if it is the German tint, is far superior to the traditional ones. It has some ceramic content and if I am not mistakent, it is the one where they demo it by having you place your hand in a wooden box with a heat lamp and then place a piece of glass with the tint on it and you feel very little of the heat.

Rick

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes. the box is has glass that on 1/2 has Madico's top of the line the other 1/2 has the Wincos and you move the glass back and forth to feel the difference.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Window Tint for M5 - Dallas

I just had my 2008 M5 done. I took it to Pro Tint in Plano and got the Ceramatrix 30%. I like it alot. Pro Tint's team was professional and allowed me into the service area to watch the installation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts