BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched on the forums and my eyes hurt from reading lol
with that said I live in sunny Socal where we get little rain and not many low temps and it is time for some new rubber.
What are you guys using and opinions, I have the Michelin Pilot SS on it now, great tire low life :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Not much rain and warm temps? A set of Hancocks should do you just fine. Less expensive than a PSS but still an exceptional tire for the money.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I have Conti extreme contact DW's and I like them, good grip and decent life. When they wear out, I'm probably trying the michelin PSS.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Having had a set of Continental DW's previously, and now being on PSS, I would say you should stay on PSS. They actually should last longer than most tires in their class. Any tire with less grip than a PSS doesn't really do this car justice...you will regret it the moment you try to take your first corner if you switch to a lesser tire.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I have always recommended Bridgestone S-04 tires, everyone taking my advise said it was a good call, from a noise, ride, and value perspective, still had amazing wet grip when down to wear bars, my brother in law complained about tire wear, but he was a maniac taking 90-degree street corners at 45-mph without touching the brakes, he did like the fact it was hard to make them squeal.

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
I have a set of PSS tires going on next year, I have tried the Conti's so decided to see how these compare. Hopefully they can withstand some good amounts of trq being laid to the ground.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
+ 1

I also have Bridgestone S-01 and am very happy with them.

I have always recommended Bridgestone S-04 tires, everyone taking my advise said it was a good call, from a noise, ride, and value perspective, still had amazing wet grip when down to wear bars, my brother in law complained about tire wear, but he was a maniac taking 90-degree street corners at 45-mph without touching the brakes, he did like the fact it was hard to make them squeal.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Tires are so subjective to personal use and tolerance. I've personally used Yokohama S-Drive and love them. Long life and very sticky. I'd probably get them again. I'm currently using Nitto Invo's and like them too.

Dan

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Having had a set of Continental DW's previously, and now being on PSS, I would say you should stay on PSS. They actually should last longer than most tires in their class. Any tire with less grip than a PSS doesn't really do this car justice...you will regret it the moment you try to take your first corner if you switch to a lesser tire.
yea that's true I was looking at reviews and seeing other tires rated but not tested above 180mph i was inclining as when do I ever go past 170 anymore then I thought "yea but there will be that one time you do or go hard in a corner"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts