BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, i have e60 m5 2009 and it was full stock. I needed some more power and bought full supersprint
- SS headers
- SS sportcats
- SS X-pipe
- SS mufflers
Like on picture:

sounds good =)
but guys from service said that after ~ 200-300 km cars will make error about "check engine". And it happened =( now in "M" mode it runs like without "M". I have a lot advises to chip car via PP Perfomance, Evotech and ESS. But I worry that after that there will be a bigger wear of the engine. Whether there is any solution of this problem? I simply want to clean errors and dont chip car... or may be any chip but without big changes of work of the engine

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Hi guys, i have e60 m5 2009 and it was full stock. I needed some more power and bought full supersprint
- SS headers
- SS sportcats
- SS X-pipe
- SS mufflers
Like on picture:

sounds good =)
but guys from service said that after ~ 200-300 km cars will make error about "check engine". And it happened =( now in "M" mode it runs like without "M". I have a lot advises to chip car via PP Perfomance, Evotech and ESS. But I worry that after that there will be a bigger wear of the engine. Whether there is any solution of this problem? I simply want to clean errors and dont chip car... or may be any chip but without big changes of work of the engine
You're likely getting the Check Engine Light for O2 emissions. I have the Evolve tune and am very happy with them. I believe they are closely associated with Supersprint as well so they're probably the best bet for a tune for your setup.

If you don't want to extra power or features the tune is capable of, I'm sure Evolve (or any of the other tuners in fact) can give you a tune that just removes the CEL. But I would HIGHLY recommend you get it tuned...you will feel much more power guaranteed!

Reactions: 5soko

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're likely getting the Check Engine Light for O2 emissions. I have the Evolve tune and am very happy with them. I believe they are closely associated with Supersprint as well so they're probably the best bet for a tune for your setup.

If you don't want to extra power or features the tune is capable of, I'm sure Evolve (or any of the other tuners in fact) can give you a tune that just removes the CEL. But I would HIGHLY recommend you get it tuned...you will feel much more power guaranteed!
thanks for your advice. may be you have contact of anybody from Evolve with good communication? =)

·
Registered
3,033 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whats different between ESS and EVOLVE ?
similar price, similar cable, what minuses and what pluses?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Search a bit as there are entire threads devoted to tunes.
i have some problems with english so and its very hard to find info which i need from so a lot info on m5board =\

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
i have some problems with english so and its very hard to find info which i need from so a lot info on m5board =\
Just go with Evolve, most of everyone on this board has them. They will be able to tune your car for the catless headers remotely as they did mine also.

Reactions: lightwerkz
1 - 9 of 9 Posts