BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 2007 M5 TPS sensors are not in the Valve Stems. Is that Possible? Where would they be? Need Help. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
my 2007 M5 TPS sensors are not in the Valve Stems. Is that Possible? Where would they be?
My 2007 M6 was built in 9/2006, in the first few weeks of MY 2007 production and has TPMS.
"Tire Pressure Monitor System" is listed on the window sticker.

Is TPMS listed on your window sticker?
Do you have RTTI? (another feature added in 2007)

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
If you have an '07, you have monitors. '06 models measures pressure from tire rotational speed. They are not "in" the stem, but they mount to the bottom of the stem. If you have the, you will have metal stems, not plastic ones.

·
Moderator Emeritus
1,791 Posts
I was told by an SA that in the '06s it will engage around 30% difference.

Prob is I wish it could tell you WHICH tire is the problem. That said, it has worked 3 out of 3 times for me. Two absolute blow outs and one where a piece of metal got stuck in a tire.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
I was told by an SA that in the '06s it will engage around 30% difference.

Prob is I wish it could tell you WHICH tire is the problem. That said, it has worked 3 out of 3 times for me. Two absolute blow outs and one where a piece of metal got stuck in a tire.
That's about right. I tested last week:haha:. The pressure drop from 34psi to 22psi when it first triggered the warning

1 - 8 of 8 Posts