BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I need a new daily to keep the miles off my E60 M5. Right now I have a C6 Z06, and I absolutely love the car but it is not a good daily at all, and I hate to drive it in the rain. I would like to stay in the $15,000-$25,000 range and not have to deal with a ton of maintenance issues since I will be putting some miles on it, also gas mileage and being 4x4 is a plus, but is not really a big deal at all. Right now I am considering E90 335xi, 07-08 Lexus LS460, 05-07 Lexus LX470/Toyota LandCruiser, maybe 03-06 E55 AMG? Anyone have any other recommendations or ideas? Thanks!:cheers:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Like the GS a lot! I just don't know if is quite the car the LS is for not too much of a price difference! I do like the GS look a lot though!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also considering a few others:
07-08 S550
09 750li
2011+ WRX
08 ISF
08 Cayenne GTS/Turbo
08 Golf R32

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I have a 128i for my daily and love it! Not the fastest on the road, but great in traffic and nice low end torque! Little rough sometimes on poor roads, but it's a trade off for a nice sharpe handling car; and you'll find CPO's in your price range!

Cheers!

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
Toyota/Lexus LandCrusier/LX...end of story.

I've gone from an 80 Series to a 100 Series, back to a Supercharged 80 Series Toyota LandCrusier.

You can pick up a great 100 Series that will last forever. Talk about reliability, my current Supercharged 80 Series has 219,000 miles. Zero Issues.

Could you imagine BMW trying to offer a factory supercharger lasting 200,000 miles? I am trying to convince the wife to give her beloved Audi for another 100 Series.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Toyota/Lexus LandCrusier/LX...end of story.

I've gone from an 80 Series to a 100 Series, back to a Supercharged 80 Series Toyota LandCrusier.

You can pick up a great 100 Series that will last forever. Talk about reliability, my current Supercharged 80 Series has 219,000 miles. Zero Issues.

Could you imagine BMW trying to offer a factory supercharger lasting 200,000 miles? I am trying to convince the wife to give her beloved Audi for another 100 Series.
They are really hard to beat, my dad has had 3 LandCruisers and never did anything but service and put gas in them.

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
They are really hard to beat, my dad has had 3 LandCruisers and never did anything but service and put gas in them.
Your Dad is a smart man! I've also had 4x4 Pathfinders, 4x4 Grand Cherokees, Land Rovers, and Range Rovers, but they don't even come close to the LandCruisers for depreciation, longevity, and reliability.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Okay, so I need a new daily to keep the miles off my E60 M5. Right now I have a C6 Z06, and I absolutely love the car but it is not a good daily at all, and I hate to drive it in the rain. I would like to stay in the $15,000-$25,000 range and not have to deal with a ton of maintenance issues since I will be putting some miles on it, also gas mileage and being 4x4 is a plus, but is not really a big deal at all. Right now I am considering E90 335xi, 07-08 Lexus LS460, 05-07 Lexus LX470/Toyota LandCruiser, maybe 03-06 E55 AMG? Anyone have any other recommendations or ideas? Thanks!:cheers:
Scratch anything that is not Japanese off your list as you said reliability and mileage.

Lexus LS, IS, GS all good options.
Infinity G37, m37. G even comes in awd.
Subaru anything
How about...
Acura TL AWD. The FWD understeers horribly but the AWD is not too bad; it is a night and day difference and you get Honda reliability. Or 335d for big torque and decent MpGs.

·
Registered
23 Posts
+1 vote for the Landcruiser... Our LX470 (100 series) has been ultra reliable up to this point at 160k miles. Big factor for me is having my wife and kids in the most over engineered, reliable and safest vehicle on planet earth!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How about...
Acura TL AWD. The FWD understeers horribly but the AWD is not too bad; it is a night and day difference and you get Honda reliability. Or 335d for big torque and decent MpGs.
I like the idea of 335d but sometimes finding diesel fuel is tough and I can't really justify the mpg upgrade. I do love the look of the TL's and RL's though.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
+1 vote for the Landcruiser... Our LX470 (100 series) has been ultra reliable up to this point at 160k miles. Big factor for me is having my wife and kids in the most over engineered, reliable and safest vehicle on planet earth!
^^ Well Said!

·
Registered
302 Posts
E90 325i. Better mileage and an extremely reliable car. Plus you can get one for 10k.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts