BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Need a 9J M///

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  M540i LE 
#1 · (Edited)
So another surprise from my Elekta that went unnoticed.

I have my drive shaft, diff and the subframe assembly out of the car as I needed to rebuild the shaft, fix a leak in the diff and replace nearly all the bushings in the rear. All parts are being wire wheel brushed and painted black...in the faz tradition...tho my friend doing the cleaning is threatening to paint the rear sway bar John Deere green.

So to make the most of the time gap I removed all the wheels to go off to the refurber. I took the wheels to my tire place to have the rubber removed and lo and behold I have 4 8J's and 1 9J. One of the 8J wheels looks to have been polished and the rest are badly neglected oem painted wheels M//'s. I wonder why the seller wouldn't disclose this to me? Food for thought about buying a car in another country without a true advocate to inspect for you.

So, I have 4 PS2's arriving Thursday ($1300 installed with lifetime flat and balance), the wheels will be ready for pick up Thurs, and the car Friday, so I look to be "back in" for the weekend.

I guess the uni directional Michelin goes back on the 9J, but that's not exactly a spare I can use all round.

Who would have just one 9J for sale? Would they consider a trade for a single refurbed 8J? I would prefer to have the rarer staggered system, but I may just dump the 9J and get a 5th 8J.

Any help locating a single 9J would be most appreciated.

Also, OT, but do you get a YouTube account to host your movies? I have a 105mb avi that I recorded on my Nikon that is 5mb too large to get on Photobucket. I want you all to see the underside now that it's empty.

best,

geoff
:1zhelp:

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks, I did an international search and did come up with a few more options, but all the staggered sets for sale offer the 9.5 rim. That is not the 9J as far as I know. Plus it returned no sales from german ebay. what is the german search line for ebay.de?

btw, the dealer says there are 49 9J wheels in germany and he could get me one for the low low price of $647 plus tax.

#8 ·
That is so sweet, but mine is MY95, and therefore M Parallels are my staggered set. If there were two, I'd consider buying them to build a track set. The T-Star 9J is the rarest of them all.

thanks for looking out for me. I will jump on a 9J M// in a heartbeat to prevent paying $647 to the stealer.

geoff

#9 ·
Geoff

The staggered T-stars come up for sale a lot. I for one have two sets at home (not for sale, on is on my brothers touring) and they come around even in The Netherlands.

Its the staggered M-par that I find rare!

Shippingcost will kill anything you buy off german Ebay, its so damn expensive to ship heavy goods and frankly, I have had nothing but bad experiences with shipping to/from the US so I can understand if some german shippers won't send stuff to the US.

However, if it really poses a problem, you could have it delivered at my place and I will send it onwards to the US.

Wout

#10 ·
that's unfortunate. I can really only find 9.5 M-pars. I have a friend in germany who is US mil so he sends stuff to me for next to nothing. Literally it cost him $50 to send me two door cards with sunshades in them, all the boot covers for the touring in back, a rear windshield wiper and other stuff.

I am glad you have sets of T-Stars. I paid $1200 for mine on my last touring. I now have 5 refurbed M-pars...4 8J's and 1 9J.

I am hot for one more 9J if anyone has one...any condition except warped.

#11 ·
Geoff,

I can get a Brand New one for less than $647...

#13 ·
I bought a couple of 8" M-Par's (genuine E34 M5) from BMA for $500 each late last year. Although I didn't get a quote at the time, the last time I received a quote for the 9" version, the quote was less than that for the 8".

So hopefully, you should be able to buy new for around US$500.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.