BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so first of all to start off with my issues, last year something happened to a few modules(lights and wipers would turn on and off by themselves ect)and my dad had to get them replaced so he went to some joe blo mechanic who got the modules replaced but i feel like he didnt code everything properly, i was out of country so i dont know what was done on the car and my dad passed away few weeks back which is why i cant find out who played around on the car and what he did. so when i start my car the headunit/ccc says "headunit not coded properly" im just trying to change a few things in my headunit. so im in NCS Expert and when i choose any of the modules such as CAPPL,CTUNE ect i get this error message saying "erro in CABD" but i can still code modules like CAS,LMA,KMB and they dont give any errors, its just im having issues with the headunit modules. I have the base headunit with no navigation, just a cd drive(no dvd) and a cd changer. Someone please help this is frustrating lol. my INPA, NCS EXPERT and all daten files are up to date but i cant seem to figure this $hit out.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
the CCC isn't responding, that might be a duh but there is your problem. So are you sure it's a CCC and can you connect to it via inpa?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've had those errors from incorrect usb latency and cheap data cables.

Load up ISTA and see if all your modules respond and full system test passes. Then go from there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. i got it figured out so basically the guy who fk-ed around with the car added CCC S609 to the VO for a CCC unit tho i have a MASK unit. so i just deleted the values for CCC from the vehical order and everything was back to normal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Al59751
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing