BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This one was an extra one of mine. It's coded and is ready to be used with any E39 retrofit adapter. This is the newest HW version and is fully optioned with a TV entertainment plug and everything (kinda hard to come by these). It should work in E6x/E9x retrofits as well, but I think those cars have more compatible modules that can be coded to work with this head unit, not too sure. Working 100%.
You'll need to source the rest of the parts for a retrofit

$300 shipped in the US

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know the details of E9x retrofit, but on mine it's:

NBT HU
CID Monitor
iDrive controller

iBUS to NBT Adapter/Emulator
Wiring harness

Video cable
USB cable(s) (might be able to reuse E9x ones)

BMW USB socket(s)

Bluetooth cable
Radio cable
GPS cable
(these cables, you might be able to reuse stock ones)

Backup Camera

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hey,

sorry if this is a stupid question. I've never seen these before and looking it up on google i get something totally different from what i see in the pictures.

Google searches lead me to a navigation units that look similar to the new iDrives. What is this headunit and how do i check if it is compatible with my car?

Thanks man

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey,

sorry if this is a stupid question. I've never seen these before and looking it up on google i get something totally different from what i see in the pictures.

Google searches lead me to a navigation units that look similar to the new iDrives. What is this headunit and how do i check if it is compatible with my car?

Thanks man
This is the new iDrive; the new you'll find in the Fxx chassis. It's a great system, much more refined and more user friendly than previous iDrives. Not sure what your car is to know

·
Registered
136 Posts
This is the new iDrive; the new you'll find in the Fxx chassis. It's a great system, much more refined and more user friendly than previous iDrives. Not sure what your car is to know

I have the E39 M5. From the http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/m5-e39-group-buy-forum-sponsor-discussion-offerings/461521-bimmer-retrofit-nbt-navigation-retrofit-e39-4.html#post6809121 it seems like there is no update on a proper retrofit solution for this into the E39s.

Has this changed?

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the E39 M5. From the http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/m5-e39-group-buy-forum-sponsor-discussion-offerings/461521-bimmer-retrofit-nbt-navigation-retrofit-e39-4.html#post6809121 it seems like there is no update on a proper retrofit solution for this into the E39s.

Has this changed?
I have their setup, it works. The only missing pieces from them is a solution to mount the monitor and controller. I might have something for the controller soon, and there's a frame you can readily buy for mounting the screen from another vendor.

I can sell you this head unit, and the BR adapter with a full wiring harness for $650. You'll need to piece the rest of the items.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have their setup, it works. The only missing pieces from them is a solution to mount the monitor and controller. I might have something for the controller soon, and there's a frame you can readily buy for mounting the screen from another vendor.

I can sell you this head unit, and the BR adapter with a full wiring harness for $650. You'll need to piece the rest of the items.
Would you mind listing out the rest of the things I would need for this setup as well as give me a link to get the mount and the controller. if it all works out and the numbers look reasonable right now I will take it off your hands.

Also do you have DIY/pictures of your setup. I would appreciate either.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Would you mind listing out the rest of the things I would need for this setup as well as give me a link to get the mount and the controller. if it all works out and the numbers look reasonable right now I will take it off your hands.

Also do you have DIY/pictures of your setup. I would appreciate either.
I pieced together a whole kit for a buddy under $1,800. With the discount I'd be giving you for this head unit/adapter/harness, I think you can get everything under $1,500-1,600.

This would be the remaining pieces:
CID Monitor
iDrive controller
Video cable
USB cable(s)
BMW Mic
BMW USB socket(s)

Bluetooth cable
Radio cable
GPS cable

If you live in the UAE, it'll be cheapest to buy everything and ship it all at once. I can help you with that if you want.

I have random scattered photos, but none of them are complete as my car is torn apart and has too much going on, I could just help you with install and save you the headache.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts