BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched the forums --- no dice.

Checked Navteq's site and it seems that 2008.1 is the latest dvd for MKIV and MKIII units. Only asking since I keep seeing 2007.2 (non CCC) as the latest on our board but that dvd isn't available on their site. Btw I have a MKIV unit in my car. Anyone??? Thanks all...

Bronson

·
In Memoriam
4,624 Posts
You are very probably right ... Heck, we can't post every time something new comes out.

The NAVTEQ products are usually numbered 200x.1 (200x being the year) ... so it figures that 2008.1 is the latest. Last year's release was 2007.1. There are sometimes a 200x.2 with corrections on it.

I don't know about a MKIII but I know about MKIV and it should have NAVTEQ's latest DVD ... 2008.1.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks you two. Just wanted to make sure before I ordered. Cheers...

·
Registered
375 Posts
Don't bother with the 200x.1, just wait for the .2 (unless your map disc is really out of date). The .2 is the one that has more updates, etc... From what I've noticed, little to nothing is ever done on the .1 discs.
+1. They have a handful of areas that they updated but nothing major. You can look on the Navteq site to see exactly what was done. The 2007.2 that I run will be in my car for at least another 12 mos. Let me know if I can be of help to anyone.

Eric

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Road trippin to west Texas this week so I really needed to update the navi...

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
I'd see about getting a burned copy of a 2007.2 and waiting for the 08.2, but that's just me.
If he's 4 years old already, even the 2008.1 will be 4 years worth of updates for him. I get you that he won't have things that are added this year, but even 4 years worth of updates can make a huge difference....

d-

1 - 11 of 11 Posts