BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know: If an MKIII Nav systems malfunctions (breaks, whatever), would the dealership replace it with another MKIII system or and MKIV system?

·
Registered
185 Posts
It will be replaced with a MKIII system

·
Registered
213 Posts
boostmiser said:
Anyone know: If an MKIII Nav systems malfunctions (breaks, whatever), would the dealership replace it with another MKIII system or and MKIV system?

Before I bought the MKIV had my MKII replaced under warranty, I was told BMW would only replace like with like, I argued that the MKIII cost no more than the MKII but was told "them was the rules", over here in the UK anyhow.

They may if there are no direct replacements put something else in but I very much doubt it. I am sure they have plenty reconditioned units in stock.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I recently had my NAV unit replaced under warranty, and the dealer said it would be another Mk III, unless I wanted to pony up several hundred dollars for the Mk IV. It was funny, because I just asked them to upgrade the software, and they thought the unit was too sluggish, so lo and behold, I got a new unit. Works fine now.

Eric

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
s62fan said:
I recently had my NAV unit replaced under warranty, and the dealer said it would be another Mk III, unless I wanted to pony up several hundred dollars for the Mk IV. It was funny, because I just asked them to upgrade the software, and they thought the unit was too sluggish, so lo and behold, I got a new unit. Works fine now.

Eric
If they find the unit is "broken" then they get the one hour labor under warranty...

If they upgrade the SW they make nothing.

The part is swapped out and a reconditioned unit put back in- they replace mark 3 with mark 3, 4 with 4...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts