BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read every post on every board and I still cant fix this.
At one point I had the "insert cd key or version 17" on the screen, but now I dont even have that. Now the CD is in the drive and wont eject. I have seen the page on how to remove the unit and take it apart, but I aint gonna do that.
Where can I buy a Mk IV nav unit? Just from the dealers? The bmwnav guy isnt selling them anymore. Anyone in the Bay Area (SF) that does this stuff?
Can someone tell me what version I should attempt to load?
Please let me know exactly what files should be on the CD before I pop it in the Nav unit.
I already have all the links to m5board, x5world, etc.
I need the advice of someone that specifically can tell me what I should attempt to fix this problem, other that making an appt with the dealer.
Thanks, Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,398 Posts
I had a problem with lock up with a home generated DVD...

I just removed the nav unit and unplugged it. When I plugged it pack in I *immediately* held down the eject button.

I know martin at bimmernav is cut off... maybe Vaheh at Crevier? My guess is 1000-1200 for a MK4.

Actually, what CD *is* in the drive??

A
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ard said:
I had a problem with lock up with a home generated DVD...

I just removed the nav unit and unplugged it. When I plugged it pack in I *immediately* held down the eject button.

I know martin at bimmernav is cut off... maybe Vaheh at Crevier? My guess is 1000-1200 for a MK4.

Actually, what CD *is* in the drive??

A
Stupid question here...........how do you get those plugs off the back of the nav unit? The CD that is in there is a version 22 software that i burned. Thx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,422 Posts
PilotMike said:
Stupid question here...........how do you get those plugs off the back of the nav unit? The CD that is in there is a version 22 software that i burned. Thx
It's actually not stupid. There's a locking lever that wraps the plug. It flips out of the way easily. Using your right index finger feel for it (it cannot be described, but maybe a bump) then flip it left and pull the plug out at the same time with your thumb and other fingers. There are two plugs, one above the other. You know about the warranty sticker if you take it apart don't you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,482 Posts
PilotMike said:
I have read every post on every board and I still cant fix this.
At one point I had the "insert cd key or version 17" on the screen, but now I dont even have that.
At the point you had that message on your screen, what did you do next? Did you have a key CD and insert it? If so, what happened next?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DZeckhausen said:
At the point you had that message on your screen, what did you do next? Did you have a key CD and insert it? If so, what happened next?
Yes I inserted a burned CD Key, and nothing happened. I ejected that CD a couple hours later and then reinserted the software cd to try and get the "insert cd key" screen again.
Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Had a CD Problem with my MK3 Unit on my '02. Dealer put a brand new unit in under warranty. Everything now ok.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bought a MkIV on ebay from partyif5insc for $884.00 delieverd, included V24 and the DVD map.
Installed today, everything works, problem over!
Jeezus....
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top