BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
The Neil Oakley site is slow as hell and drops connections all the time.. I can host on an enterprise server with enough interest.
I like the idea, especially if there is a repository for each of the different versions of the operating software. As the biggest problem is the dealer parts guys only think of the $200 map disks not the $36.00 O/S. And then if you have a big enough hammer to drive the point home, they are incapable of locating the part number. But if you talk to a tech who has been around long enough to know the older systems they will probably know for what you are asking. But they likely won't have it, so you're still hosed. The only down side is that the software is copyrighted. And nobody wants to be the next MegaUpload.

·
Company Representative for Valley Motorwerks
763 Posts
I am inclined and if anyone has older versions of the software or .iso's with the lists of modifications to it (splash screens, icons etc.) please let me know. I ought to have something setup within the week.

I think I'll ask the mods to sticky a thread for me. I can list what's in the repository etc. I'll use a FQDN so I can move it around if I need to.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
I am inclined and if anyone has older versions of the software or .iso's with the lists of modifications to it (splash screens, icons etc.) please let me know. I ought to have something setup within the week.

I think I'll ask the mods to sticky a thread for me. I can list what's in the repository etc. I'll use a FQDN so I can move it around if I need to.
I have, I believe, everything from v.17 thru v.32 and the Key CD. They are all OE and in modified.

·
Registered
10 Posts
does anyone know where I can get a update from the neil Oakley and the e38 doesn't seem to be working for some reason I did however get the cd keys downloaded but that was as far as it would let me download I just get the ole circle going on up top.. any help would be greatly appreciated.. oh I have the original ver 16 on mine thanks for any help

·
763 Posts
does anyone know where I can get a update from the neil Oakley and the e38 doesn't seem to be working for some reason I did however get the cd keys downloaded but that was as far as it would let me download I just get the ole circle going on up top.. any help would be greatly appreciated.. oh I have the original ver 16 on mine thanks for any help
Exactly what do you need.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i would like to get the version 32 with the night and the m splash, i thought i had a key but nothing is being recognized when i go to burn it, i have ver.16 ....anything has to be better than what i have its not even recognizing any streets in my area at all

·
763 Posts
i would like to get the version 32 with the night and the m splash, i thought i had a key but nothing is being recognized when i go to burn it, i have ver.16 ....anything has to be better than what i have its not even recognizing any streets in my area at all
In your original post you stated E38. I have a version 32 with an e39 splash screen with the //M.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was trying to find software from e38 . org but it wont load up here as wellas neil Oakley just sits and spins I did get the keys to download but I have no way to burn them, the verision I have is a mk III with ver16...3-1/21 I would like to update it, I read of a few people who updated to ver32 but got bricked and had to go to ver 22 or 27,, not sure if that is with all of them or just the mkIII , I have maps for 2004 that came with the car, but it doesn't recognize any streets that I put in I would be interested in the software let me know how much it will be thanks for your help

·
763 Posts
I was trying to find software from e38 . org but it wont load up here as wellas neil Oakley just sits and spins I did get the keys to download but I have no way to burn them, the verision I have is a mk III with ver16...3-1/21 I would like to update it, I read of a few people who updated to ver32 but got bricked and had to go to ver 22 or 27,, not sure if that is with all of them or just the mkIII , I have maps for 2004 that came with the car, but it doesn't recognize any streets that I put in I would be interested in the software let me know how much it will be thanks for your help

Free - I'll PM you with info

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Can anyone confirm this?
you already have the US version and the legal disclaimer. You just don't get to see it because your car's nav' computer is not set to "US".

If you want the disclaimer, set the one of the nav' computer's language selections to English (US). and from then on if you have selected Eng. (US) you will have the disclaimer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
you already have the US version and the legal disclaimer. You just don't get to see it because your car's nav' computer is not set to "US".

If you want the disclaimer, set the one of the nav' computer's language selections to English (US). and from then on if you have selected Eng. (US) you will have the disclaimer.
Alright. So upgrading will not show the disclaimer as long as it stays set to English (UK)?

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
61 - 80 of 88 Posts