BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just did this in 10 minutes! Thanks so much!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Just wanted to thank OP and Twiggy for their help in this thread. I finally got mine updated this week. I had tried a few different versions, but I guess they were all bad images. I successfully updated to the V32 image linked to by the OP.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I did this update about 2 years ago and was wondering if anyone that did the Night mode upgrade also doesn't see the street names because they are in black/dark and so is the area surrounding the text?

It's annoying as hell.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
is the approach the same for MK4 Nav

·
Registered
93 Posts
I got the update to install on my MK III with no problems but the key CD wont work from some reason. Maybe i burned it wrong but all i have is a black screen. The radio will play and the screen will flicker but never comes back on. Anyone had this problem? I saw that a bunch of people couldn't get the v32 software to load but mine did without and issue. This is driving me crazy.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
I got the update to install on my MK III with no problems but the key CD wont work from some reason. Maybe i burned it wrong but all i have is a black screen. The radio will play and the screen will flicker but never comes back on. Anyone had this problem? I saw that a bunch of people couldn't get the v32 software to load but mine did without and issue. This is driving me crazy.
Reload v17 then load v18 and then the key cd, now load your update.
Have a look at e38.org for the nav index if your key cd is dodgy.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Reload v17 then load v18 and then the key cd, now load your update.
Have a look at e38.org for the nav index if your key cd is dodgy.
I got the update and key cd from e39source.com and got the v32 with night mode for MK III MODE2/FORM1. I don't have v17 or 18 so can i just reload v32 and then reinsert the key cd? I assume the key cd should be burned just like the update cd. select the image and burn using imgburn? thanks

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I did this update about 2 years ago and was wondering if anyone that did the Night mode upgrade also doesn't see the street names because they are in black/dark and so is the area surrounding the text?

It's annoying as hell.
Anyone? Is there a better version? This version also takes the Language and switches to Camera radar alert but if you turn the camera alert off, it changes the language lol. crap version.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
I got the update and key cd from e39source.com and got the v32 with night mode for MK III MODE2/FORM1. I don't have v17 or 18 so can i just reload v32 and then reinsert the key cd? I assume the key cd should be burned just like the update cd. select the image and burn using imgburn? thanks
I burned mine and the copies I made for my BMW dealer v18 & key with clone CD(*.CCD) as the ISO didn't work so good.

You O/S is likely corrupted. Reloading the same O/S version will not update the system. I must be downgraded and then re-updated.

You cannot reload the current version.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I burned mine and the copies I made for my BMW dealer v18 & key with clone CD(*.CCD) as the ISO didn't work so good.

You O/S is likely corrupted. Reloading the same O/S version will not update the system. I must be downgraded and then re-updated.

You cannot reload the current version.
found my original split screen software disk and key cd from when i worked at bmw buried in my tool box. Installed it and then the new v32 update and it works like a champ. Must have been the key cd. Thanks again AMG5. Now i just need to locate a cheap MK IV!
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
found my original split screen software disk and key cd from when i worked at bmw buried in my tool box. Installed it and then the new v32 update and it works like a champ. Must have been the key cd. Thanks again AMG5. Now i just need to locate a cheap MK IV!
[/URL][/IMG]
So is everything is back up and running?

I think TwiggyM5 has a Mk-IV for sale. I will be posting one in the near future (don't want to step on Twiggy's and other's sales).

·
Registered
93 Posts
So is everything is back up and running?

I think TwiggyM5 has a Mk-IV for sale. I will be posting one in the near future (don't want to step on Twiggy's and other's sales).
yeah its back up and running great!! i saw his in the for sale section. there is a few local that i'm gona go check out and if they don't pan out ill hit him or you up if his is already gone by then.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
yeah its back up and running great!! i saw his in the for sale section. there is a few local that i'm gona go check out and if they don't pan out ill hit him or you up if his is already gone by then.
I'm glad the fix was easy and cheap. :deal:
Good luck on the Mk-IV it is so worth the entry fee.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm glad the fix was easy and cheap. :deal:
Good luck on the Mk-IV it is so worth the entry fee.
me too. im just glad i kept so much stuff from when i worked and BMW. It always seems to come in handy to save the day!! i love cheap fixes!!! if these fall through i'm all over his!! i can't wait to get one!!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
So I did the v32 upgrade to my mk3 awhile ago, and now the nav doesn't work. It just keeps trying to find the destination I type in but it can never locate it... This was not a problem before the update. Could this be because my map disc is from 2001 lol....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
So I did the v32 upgrade to my mk3 awhile ago, and now the nav doesn't work. It just keeps trying to find the destination I type in but it can never locate it... This was not a problem before the update. Could this be because my map disc is from 2001 lol....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Try entering a destination that the Navigation knows (information -search - BMW service). It may be that the destination is not in the map's database. If this solves the problem, it is time to buy new map CDs. If the navigation continues to misbehave, load a previous version prior to v25 (i like to use v17 as it is the native O/S). Then reinstall v26.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Did this today and due to computer illiteracy took longer than I expected...

I saw a lot of dead links for the v32 software and some were modified files and others not. I wanted the unmodified version and got a quick download of it here:

BMW Navigation Files @ neiloakley.com

Thanks to Ben5, I also got more recent maps from gpsunderground.com

Unzipping the files was fine, but getting useable cds was more difficult, here were my problems:

1. Having a Mac meant most of the instructions out there weren't relevant as they are windows based
2. All the advice says to lower burning speed to 1x, something that apple have decided not to allow...
3. Right clicking the .iso and burning to disc (verbatim cd-r) kept producing discs that wouldn't work (at all available burn speeds)

Solution:

Use disk utility as per the following instructions to burn the disc and everything is fine!

Burn a DMG or ISO File to Disk (Macintosh) | Office of Information Technologies - UMass Amherst

I'm sure this is all very obvious to most of you, but for special cases like me I hope it's of some use :)

41 - 60 of 88 Posts