BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
You are correct. Your navigation computer is the Mk-IV. As to the "BMW Navigation OS - v32 (Night Mode MK3 Only - MODE2/FORM1)" working on the Mk-IV; I do not know. You may want to try...
BMW Navigation OS - v32 (Night Mode, Camera Alerts, M Logo)
Ok thanks for the help,

whats the worst that can happen? it just won't load the CD? right? or em I to going to loose the system? with some random error msg?

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Ok thanks for the help,

whats the worst that can happen? it just won't load the CD? right? or em I to going to loose the system? with some random error msg?
If the modified O/S is based on an original v.32 the only thing that should happen is you will get the new splash screen, and the day/night mode, or the O/S will remain unchanged. If does go sideways, install a known good v.32. and your system should be back up. However if you update and then revert to an older O/S the nav system will revert to UK. Don't ask why. All that really means is on Mk-III the accept screen goes away and "ft" becomes "yrds".

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Just performed the upgrade. I was at a pretty old version and did have to use the key CD but all went flawless. Now I need locate a Southeast US disc.

Quoting myself here, but I have gotten some PMs so thought I would answer them here too...

For those getting the "Insert CD Key" message:
I unzipped the "CD Key" zip file and burned the CCD file in the unzipped CD Key folder to a CD using ImgBurn at 4x speed. Inserted into the MKIII and the setup continued on.

·
Registered
102 Posts
For those that have done this upgrade, is the .cue file we are burning onto the CD only 1kb? Am I missing something here?

thanks.

·
Registered
154 Posts
For those that have done this upgrade, is the .cue file we are burning onto the CD only 1kb? Am I missing something here?

thanks.
Yeah. So the actual data is contained in the .bin file, and the .cue file has the instructions for the CD burner. Chose the .cue file, and the data from the .bin file is automatically written. Your final CD size should be ~320 mb or so (recalling from memory).

I did this yesterday, and works just fine.

·
Registered
154 Posts
One thing i have seen though - and this really should not be related at all - is that my PDC is a lot more jumpy after the install. It stays on a lot longer, and now it sometimes comes on as i'm driving in traffic. I've had to manually switch it off a couple times.

This has only definitely started happening after the upgrade. I know they shouldn't be related, since the upgrade is NAV only, but i can't find any other correlating factor.

Would be interested to see if anyone else sees this.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yeah. So the actual data is contained in the .bin file, and the .cue file has the instructions for the CD burner. Chose the .cue file, and the data from the .bin file is automatically written. Your final CD size should be ~320 mb or so (recalling from memory).

I did this yesterday, and works just fine.
Sorry, I don't know if its the lack of sleep or what, but this isn't working for me. I have extracted the 3 files and saved them to a folder. I insert a blank CD and burn just the .cue file as instructed. After it burns the CD only has the one .cue file on it and its only 1kb. What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Sorry, I don't know if its the lack of sleep or what, but this isn't working for me. I have extracted the 3 files and saved them to a folder. I insert a blank CD and burn just the .cue file as instructed. After it burns the CD only has the one .cue file on it and its only 1kb. What am I doing wrong?
That's because you're probably just copying/dragging/adding the .cue file.
You have to burn the CD as an "image". In your software, there should be an option to "Burn an Image" to the CD. After selecting this, it'll allow you to use an image of the type ISO/CUE. Now select the cue file.

·
Registered
102 Posts
That's because you're probably just copying/dragging/adding the .cue file.
You have to burn the CD as an "image". In your software, there should be an option to "Burn an Image" to the CD. After selecting this, it'll allow you to use an image of the type ISO/CUE. Now select the cue file.
Yes, thanks guys, that's what i was doing wrong. I'll try this again tomorrow.

·
Registered
135 Posts
If the modified O/S is based on an original v.32 the only thing that should happen is you will get the new splash screen, and the day/night mode, or the O/S will remain unchanged. If does go sideways, install a known good v.32. and your system should be back up. However if you update and then revert to an older O/S the nav system will revert to UK. Don't ask why. All that really means is on Mk-III the accept screen goes away and "ft" becomes "yrds".
Thanks for the help

OK cool, but I don't know, where i find the V.32

I will try this tomorrow...

on another note has anyone with mk4 done this update?

·
Registered
369 Posts
i have done this both for MK3 and MK4. the MK4 does need the mode 1 burning. So i have 2 CD's created and they both work perfect.
I also changed the splash screen to

·
Registered
180 Posts
Please tell me what CD brand you used. I've failed with Memorex and Lite on. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

21 - 40 of 88 Posts
About this Discussion
87 Replies
32 Participants
DRCM6
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing