BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this has been discussed before, but I just did to my car and I thought I would share.
For everybody who would like to update their Navigation Software (bonus - M logo displayed at the start)
Home
Just download v32 ( I got Night Mode MK3 Only - MODE2/FORM1 ) , unzip it and then burn the image with ".cue" file on the CD.
Once that is done, turn the key in to postion 1, pop the CD inside DVD in the trunk and the car will do the rest for you :haha:

I would greatly appreciate if somebody could tell me if that is the latest software ? After update my screen says SW 3-1/63 ??

Enjoy

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
I know this has been discussed before, but I just did to my car and I thought I would share.
For everybody who would like to update their Navigation Software (bonus - M logo displayed at the start)
Home
Just download v32 ( I got Night Mode MK3 Only - MODE2/FORM1 ) , unzip it and then burn the image with ".cue" file on the CD.
Once that is done, turn the key in to postion 1, pop the CD inside DVD in the trunk and the car will do the rest for you :haha:

I would greatly appreciate if somebody could tell me if that is the latest software ? After update my screen says SW 3-1/63 ??

Enjoy
There were no further updates to Mk-III software after v.27. So, yes 3-1/63 is the latest S/W update from BMW for your Mk-III.

·
Registered
95 Posts
And "v32 (Night Mode MK3 Only - MODE2/FORM1)" already has the ///M logo? Just asking because the one right below it has "M logo" in the description.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just did the navigation software update. I started at 3-1/50 and it is now showing 3-1/65. See pics for the before and after startup logos. Definitely better than the default BMW, but the M logo looks a little curved.

Burned my CD at 8x using ImgBurn.

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just did the navigation software update. I started at 3-1/50 and it is now showing 3-1/65. See pics for the before and after startup logos. Definitely better than the default BMW, but the M logo looks a little curved.

Burned my CD at 8x using ImgBurn.
Great !!!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
thanks!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Wow thanks !!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So is the v32_night_all for mk3 file that you mention all we need to download? Or do we need the full v32 OS that's linked above also?

I don't know what's "full v32".. I have a feeling that its the same update just without the logo, but I might be mistaken.
The one I got was Night Mode MK3 Only - MODE2/FORM1

·
Registered
154 Posts
My settings screen post this update now says 3/1-65. I thought the MKIII topped off at version 63?

Also, i remember seeing some forum page (either here or bimmerfest or xoutpost) where someone detailed the exact changes from version to version, but cant seem to find that link. Anyone have it handy?

Thanks for the post and the link to download this btw, OP.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You are right, it is 65. I made a mistake.
I think the differences are mainly evident in the responsivness and the navigation part.
The colors of the screen display are a bit different too.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
My settings screen post this update now says 3/1-65. I thought the MKIII topped off at version 63?

Also, i remember seeing some forum page (either here or bimmerfest or xoutpost) where someone detailed the exact changes from version to version, but cant seem to find that link. Anyone have it handy?

Thanks for the post and the link to download this btw, OP.
You are right, it is 65. I made a mistake.
I think the differences are mainly evident in the responsivness and the navigation part.
The colors of the screen display are a bit different too.
When creating the new ISO, the S/W version requires a rev. hence the 3-1/63 becoming 3-1/65.

Here is the link to Xoutpost's navigation changes.

Navigation V32 SIB - Xoutpost.com

·
Registered
135 Posts
sorry for the stupid question…

but I have a SW 4-1/00

Will the "BMW Navigation OS - v32 (Night Mode MK3 Only - MODE2/FORM1)" work on my car too?

I think my unit is MK4?

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
1 - 20 of 88 Posts
About this Discussion
87 Replies
32 Participants
DRCM6
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing