BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this link http://www.reslers.de/IBUS/index.html to a person who sells the IBUS USB connectors to use with NavCoder.

Anyone used this website before, or have another source?

Much appreciated,

-Kmac (the person not the company)

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
Hi Kmac,

Lots of people use the Resler interface. I'm ordering one in a couple weeks. If you are handy with a soldering iron, get the kit. Otherwise, stick with the assembled product :)

If you really are looking to Do It Yourself then join the HackTheIbus group on Yahoo - you can get more information than you'll know what to do with, including plans on how to build different interfaces...

Resler is clearly the #1 source...

d-

·
Registered
172 Posts
Or just spend your money on an Intravee and get two functions...Use your ipod and read iBus communications in the same device. Plus with the Intravee, you don't need to supply power and ground or seperate iBus connections as it gets them from the CD Changer plug.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Resler is definitely the top source for these unless you want to source the parts yourself. I ordered mine a week ago so I should hopefully have it soon. There are a number of good places to get info on the ibus including the previously listed HackTheIbus group as well as a few sites that Resler has links to from his site and there is a lot of Ibus and Navcoder info on the X5World forum.

·
Registered
271 Posts
The Intravee will allow you to monitor ibus traffic and even log it to a file, but it will not work with Navcoder. The Intravee runds at 115K on the serial port and as I understand it Navcoder is looking for 9600. I actually hoped the IV would work, but when I asked on the Intravee forums I was told it doesn't work with Navcoder.

I think you might be able to send some ibus commands through it using a terminal application but I've never tried that. I have used it to send ai-net commands to Alpine devices from a terminal application when doing preliminary testing of the Alpine HD tuner that I have in my car along with the Intravee and iPod interface.

Mike

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice info guys. Thank you will order today.

-Kmac

·
Registered
172 Posts
ok Q, this thread just went way over my head...I'm out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
OK, but where is the best place in trunk for e39 M5 '02 connect this interface? Somewhere in CD changer/NAVI/TV/radio. Anybody has PINouts for tehere devices?

·
Registered
6,520 Posts

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Need this info, subscribed.

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Seriously? Then READ THE THREAD!
Douglas, I know your knowledge on the board is VERY respected therefore your posts usually are too.

This one is out of line I think. You misunderstood my post, granted maybe I wasnt clear to start. It was a subscription post and I want to follow the REST OF THE THREAD. How could you assume that I havent read it? Yes I know I can just subscribe up top with the thread tools but I did this instead.

Seriously this comes of as just plain rude.

OTOH maybe Im reading too much into your post, and if so Ill call myself black and you kettle. So... SERIOUSLY I have read the thread already.

No idea where this came from but thanks for assuming the worst.

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
Douglas, I know your knowledge on the board is VERY respected therefore your posts usually are too.

This one is out of line I think. You misunderstood my post, granted maybe I wasnt clear to start. It was a subscription post and I want to follow the REST OF THE THREAD. How could you assume that I havent read it? Yes I know I can just subscribe up top with the thread tools but I did this instead.

Seriously this comes of as just plain rude.

OTOH maybe Im reading too much into your post, and if so Ill call myself black and you kettle. So... SERIOUSLY I have read the thread already.

No idea where this came from but thanks for assuming the worst.
I think I've been here too long, since I'm admittedly starting to lose patience I once had.

the reason you got the reaction you did is because your post specifically stated "I need this information too". Every question asked in the thread has been answered already, and hence my suggestion that you read it. If you already have, then clearly I didn't understand what info you were looking for.

I'll go take my prozac and try to respond nicer next time - I'm clearly reacting far to critically these days.

d-

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
I think I've been here too long, since I'm admittedly starting to lose patience I once had.

the reason you got the reaction you did is because your post specifically stated "I need this information too". Every question asked in the thread has been answered already, and hence my suggestion that you read it. If you already have, then clearly I didn't understand what info you were looking for.

I'll go take my prozac and try to respond nicer next time - I'm clearly reacting far to critically these days.

d-
:cheers: Douglas,

Take my virtual adult beverage on me and lets let this one go. Cheers?

I needed to subscribe to this for the information when I breakdown and buy Navcoder. I wanted to keep it in my "to do" folder in my list of subscriptions.

As I said I know your knowledge and contributions to this board speak for themselves. We all have bad days and truthfully, I was fighting a migraine last night and I probably jumped a little too hard.

You are the man Douglas we all know that. Thanks for responding in kind. :imnotworthy:

cherrsagaiHave a double on me.

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Im going to be driving up to Mass this summer, going to Glouchester, Franklin is fairly close yes? I could just very well swing by and buy you a real one.

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
Depending on how you go, Franklin could be on the way. I'm down by the RI border while Gloucester is north of Boston up by New Hampshire. Given, however, the relative size of the state it is probably no more than 60 miles from me so Yes, it's still close :)

If you come across I-90 (which I expect you would: I90->I80->I87->I84->I90->I95 would be my guess from the Cleveland area...) then I'm about 20-30 minutes south on I-495.

Let me know!

Doug

1 - 18 of 18 Posts