BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any norcal, specifically sf bay area members have access to a Navcoder? In a previous post I mentioned that i was unable to get my 3D perspective b/c the set or settings option was missing from my main menu. i was advised that i would probably need to load a known good, OE O/S CD and get the computer running properly. my tech skills are pretty weak and i have a mac not a pc. why, you ask, why? anyhow if one of you is out there and would be kind enough to assist me to recover the heretofore mentioned options i would be much obliged in one manner or another. thanks

the image is after i updated the firmware.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
update:

it seems that it was a firmware issue. i'd purchased firmware and an updated west coast map from two different vendors. the firmware wouldn't give me the set or settings option, which i wasn't aware of at the time. so after i did the supposed update i inserted the newer map cd but my markiv wasn't recognizing it. i contacted the seller and after a bit of back and forth he sent me a corrected version along with a firmware disk. i redid the firmware upgrade with the new disk and voila had the settings option. map disk also works fine. i even found the 3D option. all is good. the original updated firmware disk was the culprit. it's been tossed.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i wish i could tell you, 100%, but the disk was generic w/no writing on it. i think it was the version 32, which if i'm not mistaken, is the latest version available. purchased on ebay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
norcale39
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing