BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a December 2005 build M5. After searching here and going through a bunch of youtube videos, I can't figure how to make my nav full screen, instead of in that small window on the side. I can't go back to the nearness display pulling into the garage after a long drive either, The M5 is running great and hasn't burned/used any oil in the last 1000 miles.
signed a new owner having the time of his life with the e60 M5,

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also another BMW owner said I should put the key fob in the opening on the steering column instead of keeping it in my pocket because it charges the battery in the key fob. Truth or Falsehood?

·
Registered
102 Posts
From everything I've read on the forum and elsewhere the key will not charge when inserted. I just replaced the batteries in all three of my keys. Literally takes 30 seconds. 2032 watch batteries which should be around $5 for a four-pack. You can youtube videos of how to disassemble the keys (it's very simple).

·
Registered
532 Posts
I’d love to know too, what I can tell you if you go to navigation then scroll to the bottom menu it will say map in direction of travel. That will give you the map in the larger and small screen simultaneously. I wound if a software update would if that. Or time to retrofit cic lol

·
Registered
123 Posts
The full screen nav thing is actually one that has bothered a bunch of CCC nav owners since they came out. When the car is new it will display the nav fullscreen. The first time you use the split window it will initialize some code that cannot be undone and it will forever be in split screen. To this day no one has found how to reverse this.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I have a December 2005 build M5. After searching here and going through a bunch of youtube videos, I can't figure how to make my nav full screen, instead of in that small window on the side. I can't go back to the nearness display pulling into the garage after a long drive either, The M5 is running great and hasn't burned/used any oil in the last 1000 miles.
signed a new owner having the time of his life with the e60 M5,

You are stuck with the split screen in NAV mode for 2006 models. No full screen option exists while in NAV.
HOWEVER... You might want to consider the AVIN Android unit (or one by another manufacturer) which besides maintaining all the factory idrive capability, allows you to go full screen with their built in NAV or by hotspotting your phone and running WAZE or Google MAPs, or whatever you NAV app available in Google Play.
Way less expensive than upgrading your CCC.

Search the forum for a thread...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts