BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry for the WOB, but I am wondering if there are any South Bay folks who might have the appropriate CD's (V18 and CD-Key) to upgrade my NAV (3-1/30) to at least a split screen. I have done several searches on this site as well as joined the Yahoo! newsgroup and while I have compiled quite a few files, I think all I have really accomplished is confusing myself!

I'm a little embarrassed as it seems there have been MANY who have been able to do this upgrade, but I think I am running into a couple different problems:

1) I have no idea what I'm doing and thus a little tentative.
2) I have tried to use CDClone at 1x write speed, but have been unable to get it to write all three files (IMAGE.CCD, IMAGE.img, IMAGE.sub) onto a disk. For some reason it won't let me use the CTRL or shift keys to copy multiple files.
3) I resorted to using Nero which only gives me the 4x option, nothing slower and I understand that 1x has a much better success rate.

Other fun facts: I am using Sony CD-R's, not CD-RW's; I tried to burn the CD-Key as well, but after removing the NAV CD and replacing it with the upgrade CD, it just spins for 15-30 seconds and ejects, I never get to the CD-Key; also, did I mention I have no idea what I'm doing? -- I share this additional data with you, only to let you know that I have tried to help myself and have been unsuccessful. I feel I must now throw myself at the mercy of the court and ask for help.

I am just hoping one of you folks out there kept the necessary CD's that I can use, I am happy to travel to you. Worst case, I can just wait until my next visit to the dealer, but after my "research" (wasting time at work) this week, I am not only eager for the upgrade, but also I am not sure that the dealer will do it right anyway (since I am so many versions behind).

Anyhow, I appreciate the help and apologies again for digging up such an old and well worn topic . . . Thanks, Kevin

·
Registered
4 Posts
khiroshima said:
2) I have tried to use CDClone at 1x write speed, but have been unable to get it to write all three files (IMAGE.CCD, IMAGE.img, IMAGE.sub) onto a disk. For some reason it won't let me use the CTRL or shift keys to copy multiple files.
You do not want to write all three files to CD. The three files contain the information that clonecd needs to write a copy of the disc. Image.ccd contains the "instructions" for clonecd.

Open clonecd
Select the "file" menu, then "write from file..."
Click browse on the next screen, and select "image.ccd" from wherever you saved it.
Click next
(from now on I am working from memory, as my trial version of clonecd has expired)
The next page asks you to select the type of CD, select "data" then let the program do its stuff.

When it has finished put the CD back in your computer. The CD should be readable and have a lot of files on it, if not you have done something wrong.

Do the same for the key cd, but note that if you put the key cd in your pc it will look like a blank disc.

·
10,445 Posts
Kevin, If all else fails, i think i still have the cd's you need. Maybe we can organize a bay area lunch and i can bring them along, or I could just mail them to you if you don't have any luck. I'll have to look around for them.
pm me if you need them.
Mike

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GTRPaul said:
The three files contain the information that clonecd needs to write a copy of the disc. Image.ccd contains the "instructions" for clonecd.
Thanks GTRPaul,

I was getting excited because it looked like this was going to work, but I got an error message that writing to my CDR failed (and locks up the drive). Jeez, I just can't win and I've been going through blank CD-R's like crazy . . . good thing they're cheap. :)

Maybe I have a corrupt file, I will have to see if I can find it again . . .

Mottati, thank you for your offer, depending on how this effort goes I may have to take you up on your offer. I appreciate it, Kevin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts