BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove up to Santa Rosa this morning. I'm not familiar with that area so I was relying on the nav system. On the way back, I needed gas. Picked "show points of interest near present position", chose gas stations, picked one and clicked. All OK so far. But on the way to that station I passed another that was right on my route - so I did a "delete destination" and reset the destination to home.

I don't know if ANY of the above matters. It was also pretty warm - about 90 degrees. Anyway, when I went to display the Nav system after filling up, there was a message to the effect of "incorrect software" - I THINK it referenced the CD as well. The GPS Navigation link on the main screen was black. The other functions on the menu all work fine.

Now I cannot use it at all. I tried starting/restarting, I ejected the CD a few times and re-inserted - but it is dead. Either the GPS crapped out, or it needs to be re-booted. Anybody know how to do that?

·
Registered
21 Posts
With about 700 miles on my car, the sound/nav system crashed....everything went blank. Temperature in Chicago was a brisk 25 degrees F. When I would shut the engine down and restart, the sound would come back for 2-3 minutes then crash again. This cycle went on for about 45 min. as I drove to a BMW dealer. It took about 30 minutes to get an appointment scheduled, and when I went back to my car everything worked fine....and I have had no problems at all since....go figure.

·
Moderator Emeritus
5,150 Posts
This weird thing happened to me tonite! I was just on my cellfone and I had my valentine 1 on. when I hung up on my cellfone, my valentine 1 went bezerk and gave this loud buzz while my on nav/TV system went fuzzy and then went off. Turned off the car for about half a minute and turned it back on and it was ok after that. Lucky I was just parking my car in our carpark. Hope it won't happen when I'm driving or something!

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Long drive today. Nav system is working, but not right. Computed a 289 mile route to where we were going - only 110 miles away. Seems to re-calc very slowly (it was already slow - now its like molasses.) And on the way back, I wasn't paying too much attention to it but I looked at the map and it showed me coming up one freeway, cutting over 90 degrees to another and then heading back in the other direction - though the destination at the time was my home, which was easily reachable continuing on the road we were on.

Somthing's screwy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts