BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have version 3-1/21 and I want to load V23.

I burned V23 using CloneCD.

The Nav unit just ejects this disk. The Nav screen just says it's not a map disk.

I have tried putting in a CD key disk too, but same result.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
512 Posts
did you burn on a CDR or a DVDR? I believe that the navigation software is on a DVD.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ag Surfer said:
did you burn on a CDR or a DVDR? I believe that the navigation software is on a DVD.
It's a series III unit, CD. I used a CD-RW by Ricoh.

·
Registered
235 Posts
The Nav Software is small enough to fit on a CD, the map info on the other hand is DVD.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
First, you cannot just copy the files and burn them on the CD. You must use the create CD from image option, select the .ccd image file, and let the burn process create the CD from the image file. Assuming you did this, you should also burn it at 1x speed, and using a CD-R CD. Don't use a rewriteable CD-RW CD. Did you do these things?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tried CD-R's written at 1X and it worked. :1:

It's a bit disconcerting waiting for it to sort itself out though!:confused3

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
RichardM5 said:
Tried CD-R's written at 1X and it worked. :1:

It's a bit disconcerting waiting for it to sort itself out though!:confused3
Just to clarify-

my understanding is that any write process will have small errors... and that portable/cheap CD and DVD drives are less tolerant of these errors. Hence the advice for both CDs and DVD maps to burn at the very lowest speed possible.

An error in a DVD movie is just a minor glitch in a frame, but it can wipe out US 80 in Kansas on the BMW DVD map!

:)

A

1 - 8 of 8 Posts