BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had this problem or know of a fix? I seem to be getting lots of cloured (blue, red) lines appearing on my navigation/tv screen. Every month or so another line appears, it was ok with one, but now I have about 10 of them and its really distracting!. Is there anything I can do other than a complete monitor swap??

Thanks

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
rigsby said:
Anyone had this problem or know of a fix? I seem to be getting lots of cloured (blue, red) lines appearing on my navigation/tv screen. Every month or so another line appears, it was ok with one, but now I have about 10 of them and its really distracting!. Is there anything I can do other than a complete monitor swap??

Thanks
Are the lines present in all the different modes? GPS/Onboard computer/settings etc? Do you have TV option?

You could try checking the plugs/cables in the boot area, sometimes the blue/white plugs need to be disconnected/cleaned..

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tin said:
Are the lines present in all the different modes? GPS/Onboard computer/settings etc? Do you have TV option?

You could try checking the plugs/cables in the boot area, sometimes the blue/white plugs need to be disconnected/cleaned..
Yep happens all the time regardless of watching TV, sat nav, stereo controls, displaying computer etc.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I've seen this on PC TFT's. Sounds like the graphics driver is dying to me. (rather than the screen itself).

No idea how it's put together in a BM though - sorry!

Anyone?

Cheers,
Barney.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
rigsby said:
Yep happens all the time regardless of watching TV, sat nav, stereo controls, displaying computer etc.
What software level do you have? not sure if it'll help, but certainly worth a go, before getting the screwdrivers out. Settings -> Top right there should be a no like 3-1/63 etc.

If its at the latest version, could well be the screen itself :sad3: it can be changed separately to the tape/cd/mini disc deck behind it.

You could also check the 2 plugs behind the monitor itself too.. remove the plastic frame around the screen clipped in at the top and bottom (corners), 2 small cross screws on the top left, and to at the bottom right. Once they're out, simply pull the screen forward, and you should see the 2 cables (blue/white) connectors, try pressing/squeezing the connectors/wires whilst the screen is on... If that doesn't fix it, you'll need a new screen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts