BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched, but did not find a similar topic...

I received a mailer from BMW offering a map upgrade for $199. Anybody else get this? Has anyone updated?

If I buy one, can I copy it for the other car, or is it copy protected???

If it's no copy protected, does anybody have the most recent??? PM me if you want...

TIA.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
The do have some copy protection, but you are permitted to make ONE copy for your OWN archival/backup purposes. You want to make a 'dumb' or .iso image, then replicate that.

We cannot, for obvious reasons, permit discussions of copyright infringement (ie sharing copies)

A

·
Registered
153 Posts
I thought that it was the time to upgrade new dvd map after 5 years. Because I could not get any information in some area california. I spend $ 199+tax at the bmw dealer 2 month ago. This was the latest one, 2007.2 . After that, I drove same road as before. Still no info. I am really disappointed. You can spend $200 for something else . I tell you that for sure. This new dvd may be updated for somewhere in some state, but there is no way to find out. To me , it was wasting .

·
In Memoriam
4,624 Posts
I thought that it was the time to upgrade new dvd map after 5 years. Because I could not get any information in some area california. I spend $ 199+tax at the bmw dealer 2 month ago. This was the latest one, 2007.2 . After that, I drove same road as before. Still no info. I am really disappointed. You can spend $200 for something else . I tell you that for sure. This new dvd may be updated for somewhere in some state, but there is no way to find out. To me , it was wasting .
They do give info on the new "stuff" in the brochures they send out each year, but I haven't found the newer maps all that helpful, either.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I received a mailer from BMW offering a map upgrade for $199. Anybody else get this? Has anyone updated?

TIA.
I am curious as that is the standard price from Navtech. Wonder why BMW is pushing the upgrade?

By happenstance, I picked up a disk at my dealer's. He had one in a smashed case, so I got it for $170. Will try it out tomorrow.

Chuck

·
Registered
657 Posts
When getting an update disc you can see what was actually updated. For instance I know the 2007 update included a lot of road in the Adirondacks which is very close to me so it would have roads that I might use. By checking what was updated you can see if its worth the update for you. I know in Europe they are adding speed cameras/ stop light cameras so you know when big brother is trying to get you. Hopefully they will/are doing the same for us. I know Washington DC and Maryland have a lot of those stupid cameras.

·
13,589 Posts
When getting an update disc you can see what was actually updated. For instance I know the 2007 update included a lot of road in the Adirondacks which is very close to me so it would have roads that I might use. By checking what was updated you can see if its worth the update for you. I know in Europe they are adding speed cameras/ stop light cameras so you know when big brother is trying to get you. Hopefully they will/are doing the same for us. I know Washington DC and Maryland have a lot of those stupid cameras.

+1, there were a lot of subdivisions/streets added here in FL in the 2007.2 update.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts