BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys,

I did alot of search on this ,but it so confusing:confused2.So my question is :

I have a NAV and the OS is 2-1/30 .Its MKll.what is the latest OS i can update it to and where i can download it beside x5world i search there.?

And can someone explain how to burn these iso files in a simple way not camplicated like the one in x5world.com for example (they said to creat the iso or what ever it is useing ultra iso and we will have one iso image,but when i downloaded v27.1 i got 2 files.)

V27.1 dose not work for my nav drive.

Any help would be great.Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
543 Posts
after some research, i decided to do the following with mine:

trash it and start over.

I am going with the 16:9 screen, MKIV DvD nav, 53/54 radio unit, Alpine Intervee II, Alpine iPod kit and v27

That way, i am current and can be updated. Supposedly it all works also.

-kmac

·
Registered
172 Posts
Granted mine came this way from the factory...but I love the 16x9 running v27. The intravee and Alpine 420 work well. The only problem I have is that my iPod goes into deep sleep and I have to open to boot to power up the iPod if it sits too long. Great setup!!!

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Hello guys,

I did alot of search on this ,but it so confusing:confused2.So my question is :

I have a NAV and the OS is 2-1/30 .Its MKll.what is the latest OS i can update it to and where i can download it beside x5world i search there.?

And can someone explain how to burn these iso files in a simple way not camplicated like the one in x5world.com for example (they said to creat the iso or what ever it is useing ultra iso and we will have one iso image,but when i downloaded v27.1 i got 2 files.)

V27.1 dose not work for my nav drive.

Any help would be great.Thanks in advance.
You can go up to 2-1/81

X5world is as good as it gets!

Go to the russian site, download V21:

http://gren.ru/navi OS software.html

Figure out how to use Magic to burn that ISO image to a CD (YOU DO NOT COPY THE FILE TO A CD, you actually use the file as data in another program to create the duplicate CD)

With a Mark 2 nav, I am not sure I'd bother- but heck, it is free to upgrade it. You will MOST DEFINITELY want updated map data disks as well...reading 2001 maps with any operating system is painful....

A

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
All of the releases contain software for each of the various MKx's.

If V27.1 didn't work then you likely have a fault in your burning process. Try burning it again or even try downloading a different version (28 or 29).

d-

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Granted mine came this way from the factory...but I love the 16x9 running v27. The intravee and Alpine 420 work well. The only problem I have is that my iPod goes into deep sleep and I have to open to boot to power up the iPod if it sits too long. Great setup!!!
Have a look at this thread on the Intravee forum for some ideas on how to overcome the deep sleep problem.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
As previously stated, all version of the Nav software disk from V21 on will contain 2-1/81 for the MK II. I'm not very familiar with the MK II, but I know the MK III requires an ISO Mode 2 CD in order to update the firmware. Many of the CD images arround after V21 are the more standard ISO Mode 1 disks, which work fine in the MK IV, but won't work (and usually lock up) a Mk III.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Have a look at this thread on the Intravee forum for some ideas on how to overcome the deep sleep problem.
Thanks for the link Richard. Unfortunately none of the solutions have worked for my 5G iPod. I don't really want to modify my alpine controller, so I'm stuck with this for now until someone hacks the iPod. Honestly if that's the only drawback to having this setup...it's well worth it!

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Thanks for the link Richard. Unfortunately none of the solutions have worked for my 5G iPod. I don't really want to modify my alpine controller, so I'm stuck with this for now until someone hacks the iPod. Honestly if that's the only drawback to having this setup...it's well worth it!
Have you tried the calendar reminders (by putting calendar ICS files on the iPod, not using alarms), they work on all iPods. The only down side of those is that on the 5G iPod the reminders will stack up.

·
Registered
172 Posts
hmmm...I did alarms, so let me try the ICS method. Thanks.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can go up to 2-1/81

X5world is as good as it gets!

Go to the russian site, download V21:

http://gren.ru/navi OS software.html

Figure out how to use Magic to burn that ISO image to a CD (YOU DO NOT COPY THE FILE TO A CD, you actually use the file as data in another program to create the duplicate CD)

With a Mark 2 nav, I am not sure I'd bother- but heck, it is free to upgrade it. You will MOST DEFINITELY want updated map data disks as well...reading 2001 maps with any operating system is painful....

A
Thanks Ard for your help.I did every thing it say(x5world) on how make and save new image then burn it .I put it in the drive ,but nothing happen.

Witch file i need to burn from the 3 files ?because when i download V21 it has 3 fiels .

If anyone upgraded there Nav can u send me ur CD !!!!!

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Thanks Ard for your help.I did every thing it say(x5world) on how make and save new image then burn it .I put it in the drive ,but nothing happen.

Witch file i need to burn from the 3 files ?because when i download V21 it has 3 fiels .

Thanks for the help.
What are the names of the three files (including the 3 letter extension) and their sizes?

·
Registered
6,520 Posts

Thanks for the help.
You are over-complicating this.

Go here and download the software.

Get yourself a copy of ImgBurn. It is free.

Open ImgBurn. Make sure "Write" is selected on the "Mode" menu.

Open the file you want to burn, put in a CD, and click on the now enabled picture of the CD to burn.

d-

·
Registered
6,520 Posts

but the software you are using to burn the disc (this requires special software - you can't just use windows) should automatically select the one it recognizes when you open the directory with the files in it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

but the software you are using to burn the disc (this requires special software - you can't just use windows) should automatically select the one it recognizes when you open the directory with the files in it.

Nero recognize it right away .I did that but my Nav computer wont recognize the cd.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thse are CloneCD files, unfortunatally they stoped making CloneCD due to copy right infringements, but you can still download it from here (untested).
Thanks to everyone for the help,I got it to work.

But now in order for me to get rid of the anoying accept screen ,I need and older virsion like V20.1 and lower.If any one has it or link to it would be great.

The one in the russian web site they are not avalible .

Thanks.

·
Registered
657 Posts
software

I have the software for this that allows you to burn up to the 29.1 which is the latest version to date. It also allows you to have the latest version which will eliminate that annoying screen, give your perspective viewing as an option and allows you to change your splash screen. Most of the ones out there make you downgrade in order to keep the options you want. I have an actual bmw disk that lets you choose the options and speed everything up at the same time. If any one is interested let me know. Its quite easy.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Thanks to everyone for the help,I got it to work.

But now in order for me to get rid of the anoying accept screen ,I need and older virsion like V20.1 and lower.If any one has it or link to it would be great.

The one in the russian web site they are not avalible .

Thanks.
The downgrade/upgrade 'hack' can do other things as well as change the region information (which is what removes the accept screen). If you want to remove the accept screen, I'd advise using a program called NavCoder and an iBus interface (http://www.reslers.de/IBUS/). Alternativly upgrade to a MK IV with the latest software and the accept screen times out on it's own.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts