BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Nav-group buy CLOSED temporerly until everything is solved regarding the organizers

Can the organizers please check in regarding the nav group buy and explain what is going on.

Regards Gustav

·
Registered
366 Posts
Re: Nav-group buy CLOSED temporerly until everything is solved regarding the organize

E-mailed you twice with no response. I have heard zero from the group as to any issue. Why is the thread still closed?
Anyone care to enlighten me?

alex

·
Registered
71 Posts
Re: Nav-group buy CLOSED temporerly until everything is solved regarding the organizers

I'm wondering too. What's the story?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Re: Nav-group buy CLOSED temporerly until everything is solved regarding the organizers

I was hoping the GB price would be better than what I got in term Paypal request per Eric...and, who is this Eric? Which business sponsor this GB? The cut-off window was very short for the amount of money required. Everything just seems very wrong.

Alex, unless we can verify the source of your GB, I am very doubtful I can continue to participate with this GB.

Better yet, set up with the vendor and let us deal directly with h/her instead of paying you then you send us the item, in my case, items. If the vendor was to request payment, s/he must identify h/herself as a business with information that I can verified, not as an individual. This Eric guy must be kidding. I was laughing when I received his Paypal payment request for $1495.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Re: Nav-group buy CLOSED temporerly until everything is solved regarding the organize

Archille said:
I was hoping the GB price would be better than what I got in term Paypal request per Eric...and, who is this Eric? Which business sponsor this GB? The cut-off window was very short for the amount of money required. Everything just seems very wrong.

Alex, unless we can verify the source of your GB, I am very doubtful I can continue to participate with this GB.

Better yet, set up with the vendor and let us deal directly with h/her instead of paying you then you send us the item, in my case, items. If the vendor was to request payment, s/he must identify h/herself as a business with information that I can verified, not as an individual. This Eric guy must be kidding. I was laughing when I received his Paypal payment request for $1495.
All,

I just want to let you know that I have ordered the nav group buy. The sellers name is Eric Pitts. I have no affiliation with him. I don’t know how he knows Alexander, and for that matter I don’t know Alexander either. I do know the guy has sold stuff on eBay before. He sells under the name partyof5insc

Here is his feedback link:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=partyof5insc&item=-1&frompage=222

He had a Nav unit I was watching but did not win. I contacted him after the auction, and asked if he had any more, and he said yes. He was going to list them for $1700.00 or around there, and to keep an eye out on eBay for them. Then I saw his name pop up in the “Buy it now” deal on my email. I put 2 and 2 together, and figured this was Alexander’s source, and figured it was a legit deal.

The reason I paid is that I haven’t been able to locate the pair of units for this price $1550.00. Not even close actually. Also, you do get the nav DVD, which people are selling for around $100.00. I know the deal seems a little hazy, but I just got shipping confirmation from UPS, and I am to have the units for delivery on 4/25.

I will let you all know when the products arise, and how they work.

I have nothing to benefit from sending this email, but I sure hope it eases your minds a little.

Brian

·
Registered
49,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Any update?

·
Registered
198 Posts

Just a update on the group buy. I just got the items from Eric Pitts via UPS as ordered. Model numbers match. In case you still were trying to put a group buy together. Also, I talked to Vaheh Crevier and ordered all of my extraparts to do the full Sirius conversion. He said they sell the DVD player alone for $1800 + with their internet wholesale pricing. I got a screaming deal, even if it is still a lot of money ($1550).

That’s all from me. Thought you’d like to know.

Brian

2000 carbon black M5 w/new dvd nav and soon to be Sirius.

·
Registered
49,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

OK thanks for the update!

·
Registered
198 Posts

BrianS said:
Just a update on the group buy. I just got the items from Eric Pitts via UPS as ordered. Model numbers match. In case you still were trying to put a group buy together. Also, I talked to Vaheh Crevier and ordered all of my extraparts to do the full Sirius conversion. He said they sell the DVD player alone for $1800 + with their internet wholesale pricing. I got a screaming deal, even if it is still a lot of money ($1550).

That’s all from me. Thought you’d like to know.

Brian

2000 carbon black M5 w/new dvd nav and soon to be Sirius.
Also, just to clarify my last post. That was $1550 for the new DVD nav unit and a 16:9 screen with tape deck. I have a 2000, so I have a 4:3 aspect. And it is Vaheh @ Crevier, not Vaheh Crevier.

Brian

·
Registered
366 Posts

fellas..........I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts