BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I own an E39 M5 with retrofitted bluetooth and voice command (don't have the manual for these).

I can use the voice control to dial a number fine, but if I try and dial a voice I just get told "phonebook empty" even thought the phone has successfully transferred it's contents to the bluetooth unit.

What am I doing wrong? Do I have to manually tag names I want somehow, or maybe this just isn't supported with my combination of hardware?

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
you need to store names and numbers for the voice dialling in the car itself; press and hold the button on the MFSW, say "Store Name" after the prompt, then you will be guided through the process.
- please speak the name -> please repeat -> please speak the number. When you finalized the number, say "Save".
And repeat process for each additional number.
If you do drive into different area codes then it is a good idea to store the full phone number with area code.

·
Registered
20 Posts
thanks for that info.. btw does anyone have the complete list of voice commands? My E39 did not come with the manual which lists the commands

oh I did search but nothing came up (other than the commands that the lady gives in the help prompt) :)

thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
pdf file in new thread here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts