BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my problem is that my nav disc is not working. It was working fine then the other day I needed to use it(every rare) so I hit the menu, GPS button and it read please enter cd. I poped the trunk and ejected the cd and put it back in. I waited for it to load and tried it again,same thing happened. I still have the old cd 2000 2001??? I went to the Stealer and they want $200 for the 07 disc. Is their something that I should do to get it working again? Is there a way to reboot or something or do I just need to get the new cd:confused:
thanks

·
In Memoriam
4,624 Posts
Try spraying a shot of air from a can of camera lens cleaner into the slot ... It happened to me, as well, (I was using an original CD), and that fixed it.

Actually, to fix it the first time, I just blew into it (was on a trip), and then a few weeks later, it started to happen intermittently. That's when I tried the lens cleaner. It's been fine ever since.

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
Try spraying a shot of air from a can of camera lens cleaner into the slot ... It happened to me, as well, (I was using an original CD), and that fixed it.

Actually, to fix it the first time, I just blew into it (was on a trip), and then a few weeks later, it started to happen intermittently. That's when I tried the lens cleaner. It's been fine ever since.
And if that doesn't work, then try resetting the system by waiting for the Nav unit to spin down (no red light on the front, vehicle "sleeping") and then disconnect your battery for about 10 minutes.

After that, start looking for a MK4...

d-

·
Registered
260 Posts
This sounds exactly like what happened to my wife's MkIII unit. Cleaning the lens didn't help hers. I ultimately bought a MkIV DVD unit to replace it.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have nothing to lose i'll try the spray and see what happens. If nothing I guess i'll be searching the for sale section:sad1:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts