BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Mk IV Nav, and updated the to V32 software last month. At that time I activated the perspective / birds eye view mode via the "secret" menu. As entertaining as the perspective is, it doesn't list many street names which is bothersome. I've gone back to the secret menu and turned "perspective" to off but the nav unit refuses to change back to the flat map 2D mode. I know my setting change was registered because I can get back into the secret menu and see that perspective is set to off.

Anyone else have this issue? Seems kind of bizarre. I'm not running a modified splash screen, sexy british voice, or any other mods. I'm using some 2010 NA DVDs I got online, but I don't think this would matter as this just the map data....

Thanks!

·
Registered
580 Posts
You dont need to go to the secret menu to turn off perspective view. Just going by memory, I think you push the right button while in map view. There should be an option for "Perspective- On/Off"

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Kind of. You click the right knob whilst displaying the map and select Map view or something like that and you'll have 'Pointing North', 'Direction' and 'Perspective'. With it off in the secret menu you'll probably just see the first two.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kind of. You click the right knob whilst displaying the map and select Map view or something like that and you'll have 'Pointing North', 'Direction' and 'Perspective'. With it off in the secret menu you'll probably just see the first two.
Yes, THIS. I only have the first two, even though I am IN perspective mode on the screen. So it sounds like I have to go into the secret menu and turn perspective ON in order to use the regular menu to then turn it off. :confused3 Usability FTW!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Selecting either of the two options doesn't change the map out of perspective mode. I tried.

What did work was going into the secret menu, turning perspective ON, go to map, click right button, select position, select perspective. Which, after a pause, turned perspective OFF. Pretty counter intuitive.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Basically the perspective option in the SECRET menu acts like a lock out, if you're already in perspective mode you no longer get the menu option in the normal nav to turn it on or off. It enables the the third "perspective" menu option in the list mentioned above.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
It sounds like you got it confused as it was unable to switch from perspective as that was no longer a valid option (despite it being the currently selected one). I often flick between persepective and pointing North.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts