BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting my seats redone. Upholsterer is having a tough time matching the "Walknappa" Schwarz Leather. The OEM BMW hide by the yard (meter) P/N 51941938942 is no longer available.

If you have reupholstered your black nappa seats recently, and the match was very close to the original BMW leather, what leather did you use as a replacement? Was it another automakers OEM or was there a leather producer that you used?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
I'm sure you have researched this thoroughly, but ECS allowed me to add this to "My Cart": 51941938942 - 7-UPHOLS LEATHER - ES#132527

When I replaced the bolster on my caramel four years ago, my upholsterer was able to either get the the same leather or a match so similar I can't tell the difference - but I never asked.

GL!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually called ECS earlier today. They said that even though it is on the site, it is really NLA.

I am sure that there are close matches and I am really OK with that. But it would be good to find a distributor that has that close match.

It's been a web surfin' afternoon.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Did you ever find replacement leather? I’m located in Northern California so I’m curious where you ended up going if it was local.

I actually called ECS earlier today. They said that even though it is on the site, it is really NLA.

I am sure that there are close matches and I am really OK with that. But it would be good to find a distributor that has that close match.

It's been a web surfin' afternoon.

·
Registered
12,777 Posts
Did you ever find replacement leather? I’m located in Northern California so I’m curious where you ended up going if it was local.
There was a thread a few months ago that someone started gauging interest on replacement caramel leather seats. Pretty $$$, but he must have had a source. Take a look for that thread.

There was also a thread maybe two- three years ago about a member getting his seats redone in caramel leather for a very, very good price. I think it was in Mississippi. See if you can find that one.

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
899 Posts
There has to be an upholstery shop near you that has samples that can get close. I was able to find a shop in Moreno Valley, CA that was able to match the leather in my E34 M5 very nicely. Check the "Garage" tab to the left for pictures. The front seats and rear headrests have been redone, the rear seats are from a junkyard 540i.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I recently went through 20+ samples to find a good match for the smooth nappa leather in my e46 M3, to wrap my Cobra Nogaros.

Only place I could find with a match I was happy with was Relicate. https://relicate.com

My sample vs my back seat, and a picture of the finished product, attached. I also had BMW seat heater pads installed in the seat, so I can heat them with the factory controls :D

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts