BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody uses them??

i'm a real dodo juice believer,i got almost everything out off theire range off products,but my detailer/supplier doesn't sell them anymore due too delayed shipments from the company..
he said i really should consider nanolex,far from cheap materials,but its the new stuff for champions :D:D
i ordered a range off products too try out, but i'm curious iff anybody got first hand experiences

so anybody who used it allready ?

·
Registered
71 Posts
For many years (twenty plus) my polymer sealant of choice was Klasse (an acrylic polymer) I then converted to Zaino (a polymer) and used it for approx fifteen years, but my coating of choice today is a nanotechnology coating that has durability that can be measured in seasons or years, as opposed to others. These coatings are better than anything I’ve used in more than five decades.

Differing Nanotechnologies
1. C.Quartz is an inorganic silica / silicon dioxide
2. G'zox is an organic polymer
3. G|techniq is an inorganic silicate crystallization compound
4. Nanolex is an inorganic, solvent-based formula nanostructure coating

“Crystalline Nanotechnology Coatings” one of a series of 135 i articles The Art & Science of Detailing http://togwt1980.blogspot.com

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wasched my car with it today,tha shampoo smells great..like chewing gum :applause:, water even slides right off after the first wash..first impresion is good i would say.

now waiting on the rain too see the true results.:biggrin:

nice blog TOGWT..looks like a treasure of knowledge on there.:applause:

·
Registered
493 Posts
So, Nanotex dealers won't ship to the USA. Any UK member here willing to purchase and ship to me in the states? Looking to just purchase (1) bottle of the Premium Paint Sealant to start with.

Shoot me a PM if you are willing to help me out :)

Thanks

·
Registered
493 Posts
Well, I got a friend of mine in Germany to purcahse a bottle of the Nanolex Premium Paint Sealant for me. He is going to send it to me this weekend.

The question I have is can I still us my pre-wax routine before applying the Sealant?

My typical regimine is:

- 3M Imperial Hand Glaze (once every other year)
- P21S Paintwork Cleanser (once a year)
- One Grand Blitz Wax every 2-3 months (this to be replaced with the Nanolex)

I am extremly happy with the above results. I have a deep glossy shine with no imperfection. I am however looking forward to the Nanolex providing much longer protection.

So, what say you on the pre-wax stuff? Nanolex makes it very clear the paint needs to have no oils, silicons or fillers on it before applying their sealant.

Thanks so much.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Well, I got a friend of mine in Germany to purcahse a bottle of the Nanolex Premium Paint Sealant for me. He is going to send it to me this weekend.

The question I have is can I still us my pre-wax routine before applying the Sealant?

My typical regimine is:

- 3M Imperial Hand Glaze (once every other year)
- P21S Paintwork Cleanser (once a year)
- One Grand Blitz Wax every 2-3 months (this to be replaced with the Nanolex)

I am extremly happy with the above results. I have a deep glossy shine with no imperfection. I am however looking forward to the Nanolex providing much longer protection.

So, what say you on the pre-wax stuff? Nanolex makes it very clear the paint needs to have no oils, silicons or fillers on it before applying their sealant.

Thanks so much.
Always wipe the paint with a mix of IPA (Isopropyl Alcohol) and Water 50/50. This will remove most of the oils :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Paint Surface Preparation (nanotechnology coatings)

The surface cleaning process is absolutely crucial in order to achieve long lasting results. The cleaner your cars’ paint is before the sealant is applied, the longer the protective layer will last. Prepare the paint surface to your personal level of perfection (washed, clayed, decontaminated, polished and an isopropyl alcohol wipe-down process) Polish the paint surface to remove any surface scratches as this product will highlight them

Isopropyl alcohol (IPA) primarily encapsulates the oils, but once the alcohol evaporates the heavier oils may resettle on the surface. By using a 10:1 ratio of P21S Total Auto Wash (pH controlled detergent, which means a pH 10<) and 1:1 Isopropyl alcohol (IPA) / distilled water or a lesser dilution as required the surfactants in the cleaner will encapsulate he oils and enable them to be wiped away

Application - fill a fine misting spray bottle with the above solution and then spray the surface you have just polished and allow the solution sit for approximately 15 seconds. If it flashes too quickly (hot surface or environment) use further dilution
Agitate the area with a clean panel wipe or a soft 100% cotton micro fibre towel (you may need to repeat this process) change the towel to a fresh quarter after each panel to ensure oil and debris are not re-deposited and observe. This should have removed any wax or oils that may have filled any remaining swirls and show the true post-polish surface condition.

Now using your surface inspection light, shine the light directly on the panel and look for fine swirls. If they are still present, you should be able to see them. If not you will see a clear bright reflection from the panel with a great shine, and clarity

Notes:
For dense (hard) clear coat use a very light dilution rate, for less dense(soft)clear coats use a more diluted solution, as use too much alcohol will cause a micro fibre to offer more surface resistance and may cause surface marring.

{Knowledge Management} - Treating experience as a shared asset. If this article was informative and you learned something new, or have any questions feel free to comment. We would love if you shared this article with your friends on [URL="http://www.facebook.com/pages/TOGWT®%20/141827572547893"]TOGWT® Facebook Page [/URL]and Twitter or linked to it from your website
Thanks

Also see TOGWT® Blog for constantly updated detailing information TOGWT ®Blog

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.